This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Haggis
Current lap record held by Peter Hickman is 135.452mph average.
With a top speed of over 200mph on Sulby straight.
As a retired paramedic I am well used to seeing the aftermath of bikers getting it wrong.
My heart goes out to those left behind to deal with the loss of a loved one.
But,
I don't blame bikes or speed and do not believe in such a thing as , a dangerous road.
Humans do make mistakes, some more costly than others.
By Bullet Whisperer
'As a retired paramedic I am well used to seeing the aftermath of bikers getting it wrong'.
All well and good and all respect to you for having done that, but no doubt mere mortals like me might be spectating and suddenly witness something that may scar them for life. I once saw a poor guy in one hell of a mess after his car crashed into an oncoming JCB and having to tell him it would all be ok, while knowing he didn't have a hope in hell. I know I don't relish the idea of ever seeing anyone smeared all over the road, and I wouldn't personally go to the TT, or advocate stopping it. I feel that messy accidents and deaths there are bound to increase as speeds do likewise, though.
By Wheaters
Having worked for the military for almost twenty years, followed by government search and rescue services in the Far East and then U.K. police I’ve attended more than a few “fatals” myself, including some very messy aftermaths, one of which resulted in me suffering a form of PTSD and great dislike of certain situations. On one occasion I had to directly deal with the 25 year old son of a deceased man, who was present when the accident occurred.

Most people don’t really understand the possible effects until they’ve been in that situation. A good friend has very recently survived a major car crash where his female partner died in his passenger seat alongside him. BW will probably be aware of that one, it was in North Wales and involved a head on collision involving a classic Daimler. He was badly injured and a total of three people were airlifted to hospital. He will get over his physical injuries because he’s a tough old chap but from my previous experiences his future mental state is what concerns me more.

If riders want to take the risks, I have no objection whatsoever, but the effects on others also need to be considered.
By Adrian
Sadly classic racing isn't exempt. I was at Brands Hatch a few years back for a CRMC meeting with my sidecar racing friends, when all racing was stopped for the day following a fatal crash on the circuit. There was also the tragic loss of Chris Swallow at the 2019 Classic TT, forum members can no doubt list other fatalities.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles