This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Jamesy
That's the third rider to die racing at the T T in a week.For me it's time to call an end to this crazy road race where riders now reach 180 mph + on public roads.I was critical of Barry Sheene when he refused to ride there when it was part of the world championship but now I feel he was right.
By Haggis
Let's take up cycling instead,??

Cyclists killed in uk,
2015 100
2016 102
2017 101
2018 99
2019 100
2020 144

It's a calculated risk that a racer chooses to take.
Dangers are mitigated as much as possible but when thing go pear shaped at 180 there's not much you can do.
Some see the risk factor as too high and don't race there, its their choice.
By papasmurf
Given the dangerous cyclists where I live I am surprised it is not more.
(Thirteen motorcyclists have died on Cornish roads in the last three weeks.)
By Jamesy
There are an estimated 4 million regular cyclist using the road and 75% of households own a cycle in the uk.There are an estimated 1.3 million motorcyclist .Last year 280 motorbikers lost there lives compared to 141 cyclists.Although not good reading you are by far safer on the road on a bicycle than a motorbike.
By Daiwiskers
I am in total agreement with Haggis on this one
No one is forced to race there

And here's the but, I do feel the racing was better when the bikes where (spelin) slower, even on dedicated circuits I would sooner watch the smaller capacity bike's and the classics

Don't get me wrong I feel very deeply for the friend's and family's left behind but racing is a life choice
By Wheaters
A few of us were discussing the TT yesterday and most agreed that it's now too dangerous. I reckon from a spectator point of view, it's probably now less entertaining than it used to be because the bikes go past is such a blur you don't see much of them and it's difficult to work out who is who.
By Haggis
You only ever see them for a nano second even in Guthries day.
Unless can get a stand with a view of a few hundred yards of road or up on the mountain where views are a bit more open.
I can usually tell who is who.
I still think the TT is an ace test of man and machine.
By Bullet Whisperer
One thing I rarely, if ever see mentioned are any thoughts for those who have to deal with the immediate aftermath following these fatal accidents. True, no-one is forcing these riders to compete, and we often hear phrases like 'At least he died doing what he loved' - well I for one would rather live doing what I love, but we risk becoming even more of a 'Nanny state' if events like this are stopped because they are becoming 'too dangerous'. That said, I understand we are now in an era of the 130 mph lap and I guess that will be a target to beat as machines and riders continue to become faster and faster, but maybe the Human reaction time has its limits?
By Beezabryan
What BW says is so very true - One thing I rarely, if ever see mentioned are any thoughts for those who have to deal with the immediate aftermath following these fatal accidents

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles