This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By LanesExplorer
Now just in case you have the occasional twinge when pulling in that clutch or kicking over the Bullet - or just lifting a coffee pot, may I suggest a drug free gel to try?
When I first heard of it I'm afraid I was very sceptical. "How can that possibly work?" I put it in the category of magnets on the petrol tank to increase the octane rating.
But there are times when my wrists are very painful and because I can't use ibuprofen based things I thought, nothing ventured : so... The product is called 'Flexiseq' and it's applied to the affected joint and allowed to dry on the skin. I've been quite amazed at its effectiveness. Available from chemists and not cheap at around £20 a tube of gel but it certainly works for me.
And I have no connection with the manufacturer - just a satisfied user 😂
By stinkwheel
I get grip problems that i blamed a gammy wrist for for ages and it turned out to be tennis elbow. I wear an elasticated strap thing round my arm just below the elbow now and it's made a huge difference.
By Chris [Stockport]
A couple of nice ideas there. I need something, as the joint on my left thumb is a bit knackered which makes using the clutch tricky. In fact, I sometimes have to pull the lever back with the four fingers, bending my elbow, instead of squeezing at all.
I am also getting quite good at some gearchanges, at the right speed, without the clutch at all.
Off to the chemist's... :D
By stinkwheel
Chris [Stockport] wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:58 pm
A couple of nice ideas there. I need something, as the joint on my left thumb is a bit knackered which makes using the clutch tricky. In fact, I sometimes have to pull the lever back with the four fingers, bending my elbow, instead of squeezing at all.
I am also getting quite good at some gearchanges, at the right speed, without the clutch at all.
Off to the chemist's... :D
You can buy clutch assist devices which massively lower the effort required to pull the lever. The best ones are hydraulic conversions but there are some cam-based systems too.

Details of hydraulic cable conversion at the bottom of this page:
https://www.nabd.org.uk/adaptionkits/

Info on one of the many machanical clutch assists:
https://youtu.be/0CWVUAJtspM
By RoSy
LanesExplorer wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:39 am
Now just in case you have the occasional twinge when pulling in that clutch or kicking over the Bullet - or just lifting a coffee pot, may I suggest a drug free gel to try?
When I first heard of it I'm afraid I was very sceptical. "How can that possibly work?" I put it in the category of magnets on the petrol tank to increase the octane rating.
But there are times when my wrists are very painful and because I can't use ibuprofen based things I thought, nothing ventured : so... The product is called 'Flexiseq' and it's applied to the affected joint and allowed to dry on the skin. I've been quite amazed at its effectiveness. Available from chemists and not cheap at around £20 a tube of gel but it certainly works for me.
And I have no connection with the manufacturer - just a satisfied user 😂
Can it be bought by the bucket full? these last few months it's a case of which joint doesn't ache.
By Daiwiskers
Well I have just found it on ana××× for £12.45 so have ordered it for a friend of mine ( they can be the Guinea pig) if it works for her I will be trying it myself.

Full report to follow Dai
By Daiwiskers
Its arriving tomorrow and she will get it Monday
She has been using Liveka (spelin) but its proving hard to get hopefully this will turn out to be a good alternative

I will keep you all informed

Cheers Dai

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles