This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By stinkwheel
Trev wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:04 am
Damn, that's all those diesel Enfields nackered then :D
Because you've tampered with the emissions control, software and cyber-security of the original bullet? ;)
By Andy C
"Therefore, as vehicles become increasingly automated, we want to prevent alterations to a vehicle’s integral software and sensing technologies which could create safety and security risks. A badly modified vehicle has the potential to kill its occupants and other road users. It is also essential that we ensure modern vehicles remain cyber secure throughout their lifetime, and that any modifications do not make them vulnerable to malicious cyber-attacks. "

Yes, I am sure the average Joe is going to modify his vehicles software / sensing technologies, a computer geek perhaps but not an average Joe

There is going to have to be a step change in how Cyber Security is tackled, given how easily criminals seem to hack into supposedly secure websites, steal passwords, steal money, hold computers to ransome etc.

I dread the day that we start seeing driverless vehicles taking to the streets.
By papasmurf
Andy C wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:49 pm

Yes, I am sure the average Joe is going to modify his vehicles software / sensing technologies, a computer geek perhaps but not an average Joe
Plenty of garages doing just that, and device to circumvent the speed limiters on plastic missiles is only £50 and easily fitted yourself.
There is even an electronic bypass available for my Honda C125 Supercub and a stage 2 camshaft for £225.
By Trev
[/quote]

Plenty of garages doing just that, and device to circumvent the speed limiters on plastic missiles is only £50 and easily fitted yourself.
There is even an electronic bypass available for my Honda C125 Supercub and a stage 2 camshaft for £225.
[/quote]

Ooh please tell where from, I have a couple of CT125 Hunter Cubs and any extra oomph would be appreciated, although I don't want to add a noisy exhaust, especially for practicality no gain.
By papasmurf
Trev wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:53 am
[/quote]

Ooh please tell where from, I have a couple of CT125 Hunter Cubs and any extra oomph would be appreciated, although I don't want to add a noisy exhaust, especially for practicality no gain.
[/quote]

Just google tuning equipment for your bikes. The camshafts come from Taiwan and the electronic tuner from America.
I am not bothering as now my 2020 Honda C125 Cub is run in it does 70mph anyway.
By Trev
Just google tuning equipment for your bikes. The camshafts come from Taiwan and the electronic tuner from America.
I am not bothering as now my 2020 Honda C125 Cub is run in it does 70mph anyway.

Jezuz, 70mph from a standard cub, you must have the fastest one in the country or live near the biggest hill ; ) Is that still on standard gearing?

I've seen 60mph (speedo is calibrated from sat nav for what that's worth) on my CT but that was down a very long hill and it deffo won't do more than that on standard gearing.
By papasmurf
Trev wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Jezuz, 70mph from a standard cub, you must have the fastest one in the country or live near the biggest hill ; ) Is that still on standard gearing?
Only one C125 Super Cub was imported in Britain in 2020 per Honda dealer, and I got one of those. It looks slightly different to previous models and seems to be quicker that the road tests I have seen. For one thing it will do 60mph in 3rd. Not that I try do that all the time. On the flat with no wind it will do 70mph.
I don't what the mechanic did on the first service (600miles,) but it was noticeably quicker when I did give it some "beans."
My wife has followed me on her Suzuki VS800 Intruder (ish.) She was surprised at the speed the C125 does.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles