This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Trev
[/quote]
Only one C125 Super Cub was imported in Britain in 2020 per Honda dealer, and I got one of those. It looks slightly different to previous models and seems to be quicker that the road tests I have seen. For one thing it will do 60mph in 3rd. Not that I try do that all the time. On the flat with no wind it will do 70mph.
I don't what the mechanic did on the first service (600miles,) but it was noticeably quicker when I did give it some "beans."
My wife has followed me on her Suzuki VS800 Intruder (ish.) She was surprised at the speed the C125 does.
[/quote]

Yeah they're cracking little bikes although my CT struggles on open roads (not that I'm fussed, I didn't buy it for that), realistic cruising speed is 50mph with strong headwinds or inclines dipping this to 40/45mph.

I serviced the CT myself as it's an import so don't have a warranty to worry about, it's only oil change and check idle speed and clutch action at 600 miles but sounds like I need to track down your mechanic for some of the oil he uses :D
I'm up to 1200 miles and it's noticeably freer revving and I'm guessing pretty much ran in now. I have removed the upper air filter 'horn' (as I've fitted a different rack) and I installed a 'sports' air filter at the same time but, as I expected, no discernible difference. I'll use an iridium plug when I do the valve check service at 4k miles but again don't really expect any performance change although the iridium plug in my Enfield efi has smoothed the tick over out so may have added 0.01hp :D
By papasmurf
Trev wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:33 pm

I serviced the CT myself as it's an import so don't have a warranty to worry about, it's only oil change and check idle speed and clutch action at 600 miles but sounds like I need to track down your mechanic for some of the oil he uses :D
The oil specified for my C125 is 10-30, not what is in some manuals. "My" mechanic used to race sidecars on dirt. He is also very expert.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles