This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
Never let it be said that LanesExplorer isn't open to suggestions...
Thank you both for your good advices. Found the M1 trip a bit scary though!
It's a work in progress which keeps me getting into mischief. I shall return with, hopefully, something much improved.
By Wheaters
The worst thing about using the M1 at any time is the dozy, inconsiderate outer lane hogs. It’s very common to see them cruising along at 60mph, oblivious to other traffic, in lane three of that four lane stretch.

I certainly wouldn’t feel happy about a motorway trip on a standard 350, though. Mine’s now able to keep up with traffic since I’ve done some work on the engine.
By Wheaters
It needed surprisingly little work to really perk it up, all done by myself on a DIY basis. I’ve since fitted a Meteor Minor domed piston and it goes even better. I’m considering taller gearing, either going up one tooth to a 19 tooth gearbox sprocket or going back to the original 38 tooth wheel sprocket (it presently has 42 teeth).
By Boxerman
LanesExplorer wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:44 pm
Is your Himalayan on order for a Spring arrival?
Not yet. My chemo finishes on Christmas eve and my oncologist says that it will be about six weeks after the chemo finishes before they will operate, they haven't decided yet whether to do both operations at the same time or separately, so I don't know what the timescale will be.
Just something for me to look forward to :D

Frank

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles