This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By LanesExplorer
Chris (Stockport) suggested I might try this method of communication to upload my Meteor rides videos to YouTube... :roll: However, I have successfully managed a few using a more new fangled way. Now the trick will be to get the link here for (among others) Boxerman (Frank) to see also. It may take a while!
That worked.

If you go to the video on youtube, directly belowthe bottom right odf the video itself is a button marked "Share". When you click this, it'll pop up a window with a web address in it. Copy this and paste it into your message (at risk of teaching granny to suck eggs, you can paste by either right clicking the mouse and selecting paste or holding down the control key and pressing 'v').

I don't think this forum supports embedding of videos in the message.
Ah thank you - unfortunately I use a tablet and although I seem able to copy the link I don't think I can then paste it. But as you say, typing (prodding with a stylus in my case) the link worked so we'll stick with that. The great benefit is that no one has to suffer a plethora of YouTube videos from me 😂
As Boxerman noted, YouTube compresses the original files enormously so there's a fair bit of compression artifacts showing in the video. The original file which I'm able to view on a screen is much better quality. - that's my excuse, anyway 😊
By Haggis
If your using a tablet, just hold your finger on the screen where you want to put the text and a small window will pop up, with the options to, Copy, share, paste and a few other options.
By Boxerman
Cocoa tins? that's posh, it was bean tins round our end.
If you want to share videos to just friends rather than the world as a whole, open a Mega account https://mega.io/
It's free and wont compress / spoil your videos [or anything else you upload]. A free account gives you 20 gb of storage and you can make your data available to others or keep it private.

Looking forward to seeing more of your vids.

Frank

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles