This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By papasmurf
A senior moment. When you have spent 10 minutes struggling to open the filler cap on a Jerry can, and are contemplating using a hammer, you suddenly remember to withdraw the safety rod.
By Wheaters
I did very similar a week ago. I went to a local garage to buy some gas oil for my garage heater. It was a brand new jerrycan. I actually managed to bend the safety pin by pulling too hard on the handle to undo it as I stood by the pump. Embarrassing! My only excuse, apart from old age and stupidity, is that it was almost dark.
By Daiwiskers
Just had one myself

For years I have used cordless Milwaukee ratchet and impact guns
This morning the ratchet needed charging I plugged in the charger then noticed there were no lights on so I unplugged it checked the fuse in plug that was fine? So I took the charger apart could find nothing wrong it all looked good so thinking it was broken beyond repair threw it into the bin

So back home search the garage found my other charger back to job plug in second charger you guessed it ! No lights
I had charged all the batteries last week and am sure the charge indicators came on as soon as the chargers are plugged in

Back to bin dig out first charger plug it back in put battery in and charge lights came on

Only had the dam things five or six years use them almost daily how do I not remember the lights don't come on till the thing is charging
By Exile
Had one the other day. Couldn't find my glasses because... I couldn't find my glasses...
Old and blind...
By Wheaters
I’ve been looking for my glasses, presumed them lost, found a spare pair, put them on, only to discover that I was already wearing the first pair. :oops:
By Boxerman
"I’ve been looking for my glasses, presumed them lost, found a spare pair, put them on, only to discover that I was already wearing the first pair. :oops:"

You are not alone ...

On a slightly different tack, I've recently spent a week in hospital. Been on drips of one sort or another virtually all the time. They encouraged me to drink lots of water, at least two litres per day which of course means lots of pees, day and night, and when you go, you need to take the drip stand with you.

First night home, got up in the early hours for a pee, must have spent five minutes groping around in the dark trying to find that stand until the penny dropped and I remembered that I was at home and no longer on a drip.

Still did it another two or three times though!
Frank
By Wheaters
I like to read about this sort of thing. It makes me feel less stupid :lol:

P.s. I hope you’re recovering well and can stay out of hospital!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles