This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By LanesExplorer
I'm sure I'm not alone in finding these a delight. When I first began buying motorcycle books back in the early sixties (I was an early starter!) I had two which I really liked published by 'The Motor Cycle' which were 'Motorcycle Engines'. Series 1 and 2. I lent them out in the seventies but never got them back. Ah well..
Lawrie Watts used to draw magnificent ones - especially during the TT week.
Which leads me on to the superb advertising for the new Meteor. There's a section of it which shows the new engine 'coming together'.. Now all I want is a comprehensive workshop manual full of these drawings for my Meteor... This may be some way off :)
By stinkwheel
There was an article in the REOC magazine on them a while back and it turns out the original ones were made by stripping the engine, laying put the parts, photographing them then tracing the photos.
By LanesExplorer
There's been very little interest in this thread that I started so I may be wasting my time with this... But, I have exploded view drawings of the Meteor 350! I wandered across to an 'unofficial Royal Enfield forum' which is US based and I'm sure many of you are familiar with it. Any way.. On it someone asked about the Meteor engine and he was given a link to micro fiche drawings. Had a look and Lo, twas our own MOTOGB website. Now I know what the innards look like.
Attachments
map32577.jpg
map32577.jpg (70.02 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
map32584.jpg
map32584.jpg (61.33 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
map32576.jpg
map32576.jpg (105.95 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
By Adrian
Having downloaded those you could have some more (unofficial) tee shirts printed up - in a variety of background colours, too, perhaps?

A.
By Boxerman
I actually tried to post a link to the Meteor page on the MotoGB site but this forum wouldn't let me.
Understandable I suppose?

Frank

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles