This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Cammy Cameron
Andy C, I have the liquid cooled Speedmaster, but still no sign of my Meteor yet.
I'm surprised that this Meteor 350 page is so quiet, not many owners posting updates and photos of where they've been on there pride and joys.
By Andy C
Cammy Cameron wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:40 pm
Andy C, I have the liquid cooled Speedmaster, but still no sign of my Meteor yet.
That will be the 1200 then - a lot more grunty than the 865 I am told.
By LanesExplorer
My first post! Hello everyone. I too have a Meteor - mine is a Stellar which arrived just at the end of June. Apart from the heel and toe shift which I wasn't keen on, I love mine. Does exactly what I wanted it for. But that gear change wasn't quite the thing so I have modified it to toe only now. You can read how to do it in October /November issue of 'The Gun'-should you wish !!
By new haven neil
Well I would post about my Meteor, but it refuses to arrive....ahem. Waiting since June for a yellow Fireball, as I live on Fraggle Rock (the Isle of Man) we seem to be at the end of the queue.

I have ridden the demo bike at Dedman's, and was torn about getting one as I love the bike, love the comfort, and most of all love the heel and toe change which is what attracted me to it in the first instance. This is because I have a mashed left foot that does not enjoy lifting gear levers on our other 5 bikes. The down side, was, yes, the power - or the lack of it. But it is very torquey compared to our Japanese 250's, (CL250S's) and such a lovely handler too....so I talked myself into it, and will try to chill out!

I will be first in the queue though, for any power upgrades that filter through, hopefully from our hosts. It doesn't need a lot, 4 or 5 hp would make a difference, that's probably more than you could get with a filter, pipe and EFI upgrade, so maybe a cam, but nothing wild, don't want to lose the bottom end.

Don't think 'it is the wrong bike, get a 650' because it isn't the wrong bike at all, I have others up to 800cc to play on, it just needs a smidge more livelyness to be perfect. I don't want anything heavier for a cruiser, I'm a grown up (62) physically if not mentally....#cough#... and love the bike for what it is. Between Mrs NHN and myself we have had about 40 bikes over the years (she used to work at a dealers so has ridden a lot more!) and know what we like.

So we just await 'Bumble' to arrive, hopefully before Christmas, so I can get some miles on her before it really gets too cold. (Never gets really cold here - except TT or MGP week of course!).
By LanesExplorer
This post does seem remarkably quiet - rather like the Meteor itself! Perhaps we're all so busy out enjoying what this beautiful machine offers that we just don't have the time to write about it. However.. When your Fireball finally arrives Neil, I'm sure you'll have terrific fun on it
It was a beautiful day here in the North West of England so perfect to Explore the Lanes.
I' ve attempted to attach a couple of photos!
Attachments
IMG_20210917_221249.jpg
IMG_20210917_221249.jpg (4.34 MiB) Viewed 38654 times
IMG_20210802_102102-1.jpg
IMG_20210802_102102-1.jpg (4.56 MiB) Viewed 38654 times
By Trev
Nice pics, thanks for posting.
I'm still resisting a Meteor, partly as I would like a teeny bit more oomph (most of my Enfield bimbling is two up) and because I already have too many bikes including a Himmy and an immaculate 2017 chrome efi. I really do hope that Enfield do a 500 (or higher power, 28-30hp would be fine) version as a replacement for the Classic and I'll be ordering one like shot - see what I did there ; )
By LanesExplorer
Thank you Trev. Yes I would agree with you that given your requirements and the fact that you already have more powerful machines, you'd find the Meteor less than your ideal. I wanted something for strictly solo use on hilly narrow roads and originally thought about an old British machine. But prices are very high for not particularly inspiring bikes and when I saw the Meteor way back in January at a very acceptable price I decided to try it. And I'm delighted (understatement). My perfect motorcycle.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles