This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By LanesExplorer
Wow, Cammy. At long last! Definitely worthy of Red Letters is the 15th of December.
I like the Key fob - is that what took all the time, getting that made? 😂
By Cammy Cameron
Haha... not quite Peter. Key fob was from ebay, just tell the chap what you want written and colour. Weather is rather awful up here at the moment, hopefully get out soon enough.
DSCF3444.JPG
DSCF3444.JPG (4.33 MiB) Viewed 5946 times
By LanesExplorer
Well you've enough fuel there, Cammy, for around 250 miles so we'll look forward to seeing some of your photos as soon as you can get out riding. Very pleased for you. Peter.
By new haven neil
Well, I finally had to do it.....fill the tank! 250 ish miles, 107 mpg. Oxford heated grips working fine, makes all the difference to an old git on a cold day. :o

I think I may go for some softer shocks, the bumpy backroads here are shaking my back up a bit. I see someone on the UK 350 meteor faceache page got some shrouded Hagons, spendy but good, the shrouds look the part on this bike. Hagons will adapt shocks to your weight, but the ones they did for Mrs NHN's CL250S Hodna are still too hard. Not sure they were listening, or maybe they don't understand what type of bike it is, as a rare model in the UK (street scrambler). :|
By LanesExplorer
Pleased you're enjoying your Fireball, NHN. Reviews of the Meteor seem undecided about the rear suspension - some say too hard, others, the opposite! I have no experience of anything built after the mid sixties with standard Girlings so the Emulsion units seem fine to me but there's one bit of badly repaired A road I ride over regularly and it jars my back too. It's not so easy to stand on the forward footrests to relieve it as I used to on my standard previous machines. The upright riding position probably doesn't help either but it's much better on neck and arms I suspect, as they don't ache after a longish ride.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Jamesy wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:32 pm
I get what people mean when they say its not all about speed but for goodness sake a 190kg bike with 20hp.Honda and kawasaki have more powerful 300cc scooters than that.
Hmm, not really a convincing argument. All that plastic.
By LanesExplorer
It's as well we don't all think alike! Vive le difference (or something) say I. Meteor is just the ticket to ride for me and I know many others say so too. And, NHN, you're really quite young at 60ish. Good to put a face to the name!
By Duke of Wybourne.
If you take a current Honda Forza 350 and calculate the combined weight of bike and 18 stone rider, and work out the power to combined weight ratio, then do the same for a Meteor with a 12 stone rider, it kinds of balances things up a bit. It's the same when trying to reduce the weight of a race bike, cut out the pies and bear first. The brakes, suspension, and handling improves as well as a result. Power is only a major contributing factor in straight line performance.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles