This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By LanesExplorer
I'll do without the beer very easily but aaaargh, not the pies...
When I were a bit younger, like, 'Tuning for Speed' was my bedside companion, but we grow older and wiser...
From the little information that's available at the moment, coming out of India, the Hunter seems to be a lighter, sparer version of the Meteor /Classic. I'm a bit of a Rip van Winkle as I know nothing of motorcycling over the last 40 years -(or cars as I run a 50 year old aircooled Beetle) but I did once have a go on a Honda 400/4. Much prefer long stroke, slow revving singles. Ah, sounds like a Royal Enfield to me 😂. I'll carry on plodding my way through Life,smelling the roses on the way.
By LanesExplorer
But in case you think Old Lanes Explorer never gets out on the big roads; this is a quiet run on the A6- you can add your own accompanying sound - the first movement of the Brahms violin concerto works for me 🎻https://youtu.be/6AF_yq3ka_4
By Boxerman
Ride of the Valkyries or Fingal's Cave for me.
I do like the A6, must be one of my favourite roads, I noticed that you joined it after the 'Big Dipper' stretch :D

Frank
By LanesExplorer
Best wishes for Christmas, Frank. Yes indeed I did. - I got delightfully lost and arrived at that junction. I read 'elsewhere' that you might consider the Classic 350 rather than a Himalayan!
You have your final treatment today I believe. Hope all goes well.
Peter
By Boxerman
Finished the chemo but I have a wait now before surgery. I fell in love with the new Classic 350 when I saw it but I've gone back to wanting a Himmy.
All the best to you and everyone on the forum for the coming season / year.

Frank
By Cammy Cameron
Polly in shed..jpg
Polly in shed..jpg (5.11 MiB) Viewed 9046 times
Well, seems I've picked up one of the Meteor's that has the rear mudguard off centre, sitting over to the left, looking from the rear of the bike. Seemingly it's a common fault. So, seats, mudguard, little sub frame for the pillion seat all removed. Does look like that little subframe in off kilter to the centre line of the bike. I'm putting the tools down for a few days and will check everything out when the festivities are over.
By Daiwiskers
Have you checked wheel alignment?
From the pic to me it looks like the back wheel is out of line

It might just be the angle pic was taken from but it just doesn't look right

Happy Christmas all Dai
By Duke of Wybourne.
As a real world motorcycle there is nothing wrong with the Meteor. I stuck my 350 Bullet in standard trim once it was run in on the dyno, and it was right to make 12 bhp at the back wheel. Without a lot of work, it made over 17. The Meteor doesn't feel too different as far as power is concerned, and I could easily and happily live with one in standard form. Rather than muck about with bolt on stuff, I'd spend the extra cash on an Interceptor if I wanted something faster. But I'll wait and see if this arrives.

By Cammy Cameron
Daiwiskers wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:42 pm
Have you checked wheel alignment?
From the pic to me it looks like the back wheel is out of line

It might just be the angle pic was taken from but it just doesn't look right

Happy Christmas all Dai
Yes Dai, it's the photo that's throwing it out, I'd already checked the wheel alignment, it was almost spot on from the dealer, just needed a wee tweak.
By LanesExplorer
Well I didn't expect to see your Fireball looking quite like that on Christmas Day, Cammy...

The 350 Classic looks very elegant in its polished alloy and I believe it's available to order sometime early spring?
It was almost a year ago I placed my order for my Meteor for June delivery and it was one of my better decisions, especially as every day is precious. I had misgivings about the footrest position and gear change but the latter I easily sorted and I actually like the former so all's well. More than enough ooomph for me as I'm a pootler.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles