This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By singleminded
Adrian wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:22 am
Presumably our hosts will be producing some performance parts in due course for those who think it COULD do with a bit more power.

A.
You may be right, but with performance parts added, the cost of the bike will have increased considerably.....
By Trev
Rushour wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:32 pm
I have changed from the Himalayan to the Meteor - very difficult to tell the performance drop in the capacity - I wish everyone would stop assuming its going to be the same performance as the old pushrod model and go out and ride one - they are a super little bike and the attention to detail and build quality is another step up from the twins.
Hi, I have a Himmy and a UCE500 (and a few other bikes) and found the Meteor, admittedly on my short, 45 min test ride, just a bit down on power even for my RE desensitised wrist. I understand what you say on the performance drop from the Himmy, it's not much, about the same as the Himmy feels from the UCE500 but, for me at least at the moment, it's just a small step two far, particularly as it would mostly be used with a pillion.

I would be interested to hear how it 'loosens up' as you put miles on it. Certainly I found the quality, design and low down performance to be very nice and would love to add one to the Enfield stable at some stage. Enjoy yours
By Cammy Cameron
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I've been watching all the relevant Meteor yu- tube videos and I'm rather impressed with this wee bike. You see, thing is, I'm 62 years young and I live in Scotland on a peninsula that has some great wee roads and thinking about my retirement, this might just be an ideal bike to keep me happy and mobile. So, my deposit, £250 is down and the wait will be rather lengthy for the arrival of my Yellow Fireball. Any feedback and advice will be generously lapped up for sure. So now.......... tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock........................................... :ugeek:
By Duke of Wybourne.
Cammy Cameron wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:24 pm
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I've been watching all the relevant Meteor yu- tube videos and I'm rather impressed with this wee bike. You see, thing is, I'm 62 years young and I live in Scotland on a peninsula that has some great wee roads and thinking about my retirement, this might just be an ideal bike to keep me happy and mobile. So, my deposit, £250 is down and the wait will be rather lengthy for the arrival of my Yellow Fireball. Any feedback and advice will be generously lapped up for sure. So now.......... tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock........................................... :ugeek:
Argyll, Ardnamurchan ? Nothing better than a "lazy" bike on these roads. :D
By Cammy Cameron
Duke of Wybourne. wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 pm
Cammy Cameron wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:24 pm
Argyll, Ardnamurchan ? Nothing better than a "lazy" bike on these roads. :D
Sanna bay is beautiful.
By John R
I have had a Meteor for about a month now. It is a beautiful bike, just right for pooling road the New Forest and Jurassic Coast. One thing is less than wonderful for me and that's the heal and toe gear change. I find the toe lever is to low and the heal piece too low. Ideally, I would like to adjust but the amount of adjustment is limited to one spline on the shaft. I'm hoping that our hosts will come up with something to allow adjustments.
By Rushour
All this talk of performance - gentlemen - surely if you are that concerned about BHP then you are looking at the wrong make - this is about the journey surely?
By Andy C
Rushour wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:32 am
All this talk of performance - gentlemen - surely if you are that concerned about BHP then you are looking at the wrong make - this is about the journey surely?
Very true, I went out on my 865 Speedmaster earlier today and I find myself probably going faster than I should do, out on the Him yesterday, 60 mile ride, and nice and leisurley. Horses for courses....

Was talking to a guy on a meteor this morning - he could hardley talk as he was wearing a massive grin - he loves it.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles