This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By LanesExplorer
Back quickly to say "yes", Stinkwheel and Boxerman, we are really blessed here with some fabulous scenic riding. Now I shall stop monopolising this and get off out! :P
By new haven neil
Well I am told my bike is not TOO far away as the dealer has been invoiced for it! We'll see..... :o Ah that's why it has rained fit to bust all day, pah. :(

Has anyone fitted heated grips? I know there's a switched feed in the headlamp shell, but wonder what are the best fit grips as Oxford seem to make so many different types. Any advice gratefully devoured.

Nice to read folks IOM/TT memories, we came here first in '86 and deiced to move (from South Shields) in 2002 due to needing to leave NHS management before I became a patient in a psychiatric unit instead...... :?
By LanesExplorer
Hello again Neil. Yes we've certainly been experiencing some wet over in the west! Good news about your Meteor. Sam+Tucker over on the US 'Unofficial Royal Enfield Forum', under 'Meteor/Classic 350'section (and now contributing to our forum too, I see) has installed some Oxford Adventure Premium heated grips with the wiring inside the headlamp shell. I expect he'll read your request here and post the details (are you there, Sam ;)) here for you.
By LanesExplorer
On the off chance that anyone is looking for a suitable bag for the Meteor... I had hoped for one from our hosts but at the time, none were available, so I had to go to an alternative source. This is the 'Held' medium sized bag. As I always ride solo it's ideal for my Stellar as the backrest provides the backstop. Large enough for first aid box, Thermos with soup and lunch box, maps etc. The Royal Enfield logos I added myself.
Attachments
IMG_20211026_144853.jpg
IMG_20211026_144853.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 40715 times
By Wheaters
That might fit the rear rack of my Bullet…..do the straps just loop around from the sides of the bag, or do they cross over underneath?
By Cammy Cameron
We boys (assuming there's no girls....yet) that's me just payed for my Yellow Fireball which will be arriving @ AMR Motorcycles Ltd, Renfrew, Scotland on Tuesday 2nd Nov.
By LanesExplorer
Hello Wheatear. The straps aren't attached to the bag until you clip them on so you can choose to cross them or not. Mine simply loop under.
Great news about your Meteor, Cammy! Very exciting.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles