This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By LanesExplorer
Oh well spotted Cammy! Yes, Hutton Roof it is! Leading to... (all within a 25 mile radius of home.) But you do have to watch out for escapee sheep :roll:
Attachments
IMG_20210802_112112-1.jpg
IMG_20210802_112112-1.jpg (6.63 MiB) Viewed 41355 times
IMG_20210917_221434.jpg
IMG_20210917_221434.jpg (5.97 MiB) Viewed 41355 times
By LanesExplorer
Thank you! My friends (non motorcycling save one) all like to know where I've been so it's rather nice to take a few en route. I quite like the idea of one of these little video wotsits people like Mr Fillingham uses to record the rides but I think that's for the future (possibly).
For the moment I'm very pleased to get out and discover this wonderful countryside.
I must have a go at trying out the Tripper! So far I've been planning my routes using os maps but I'll have a try with it next ride.
By new haven neil
Lovely photos - there are many lanes like that here, there's more to Fraggle Rock than the TT course - thankfully. Photos as soon as I get the bike! I may get shot if I post photos of our 'Hodna's' on here! :D
By LanesExplorer
I for one look forward to seeing those pics when that Fireball arrives , New Haven Neil! From where I am I can almost see your little island and having visited a couple of times know its hidden charms!
By Cammy Cameron
I'm still waiting on my Meteor too. I've always got a camera with me when I'm out and about on whatever bike, so photos to follow when ownership is completed. As for the Isle of Man, I've got a couple of photos of me, probably 1962, on Douglas beach, circa, 1962, possibly about 4 years old. As for the TT races, it was not until 1978 that I returned to the Island on my Kawasaki KH500. 1980 saw me over on my T140E Bonnie and my last visit to IOM was 1982, Z650. Sadly, I missed Mike's 1978 win on the Ducati as I was crossing the water from Ardrossan that day. Time, memories, magic.... ah.
By LanesExplorer
It's a Fireball in yellow that will be arriving soon, Cammy,i believe? During my l-o-o-ong wait of five months I spent the time watching the YouTube videos from India, Australia and the USA before the bikes arrived in the UK for review . I also had plenty of time to get my riding gear sorted as it was some time ago that I last rode and so I was starting from scratch.
I really wasn't sure how I'd feel about riding again but after a few minutes back in the saddle it felt quite natural and the Meteor (mine is the Stellar in Burgundy) is utterly forgiving with such a tractable motor that it simply ignores my ineptitude!
I've now done just over 400 miles and first service has been carried out. On average I'm getting around 120 miles to the gallon of E10 and the exhaust pipe is still unblued (is there an inner pipe, I wonder?) . The engine is incredibly quiet - quite how they've managed that I'm not sure as there's a lot of finning to amplify any noise.
So, yes, Cammy ; photos from Scotland would be great just as soon as your Fireball has arrived. Hope it's not too long coming.
By stinkwheel
LanesExplorer wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:32 pm
Oh well spotted Cammy! Yes, Hutton Roof it is! Leading to... (all within a 25 mile radius of home.) But you do have to watch out for escapee sheep :roll:
You are very near me. I'm up near Wigton. We should meet up for a ride out some time. I've got a 612 bullet (which in fairness, is probably similar in performance to your meteor) and a 350 trials bullet. Both are currently in the naughty corner awaiting me getting the hell off the internet and picking up the spanners though.

Speaking of which....
By Boxerman
Not that far from me ether, I'm in Preston. Good part of the world to live in for a back lane bimbler like me.
Not too far from the Lakes or the Dales and the Bowland Forest is virtually on the doorstep.
Hoping to get a Himmy next year.

Frank
By LanesExplorer
Heading back to the topic of the Meteor 350, I have posted details of the engine under 'exploded view drawings' for anyone interested.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles