This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Adrian
Spotted on ebay, item 184928700419

Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Cafe Racer Redditch 1959, it claims, but I'm having a hard time seeing past the Indian Bullet frame with the great big through bolt above the gearbox and welded headstock, the Indian Bullet front wheel with the TLS brake and front speedo drive, the post-1988 Indian forks with the integral oil seal holders, the Indian Bullet engine with just a blank bit of crankcase where the pressure release valve for the rocker feed should be, etc... Need I go on?

I would accept that people fit more recent Indian Bullet front ends on Redditch frames when the original is missing or damaged beyond repair, or they want to upgrade to a disk brake. I have done so myself, but... Maybe the seller is genuinely mistaken?

Well, a friend on another forum has had an interesting exchange of messages with the seller who claims it has a 1959 registration and refuses to accept that it's a ringer. It is possible to report individual items on ebay, but none of the options available seem to fit a fraudulent listing.

Never mind, this bit of fraud is easily exposed. If you have any doubts, Bullet Whisperer's guide to British versus Indian Bullets and how to spot them should clear up any doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCAgfPw4xhw

The cat (grey or otherwise) is well and truly out of the bag, even if the dodgier end of the selling spectrum still thinks we're all idiots and can be fobbed off with any old bike. PLEASE DO NOT PROVE THEM RIGHT.

A.
By Bullet Whisperer
Well said, Adrian and thanks for sharing my video. I made the video for no other reason than that I can't abide the all too frequent attempts by some unscrupulous [or misinformed] types to fob off a more recent Indian Bullet as, more often than not, an old Redditch example. I have seen the machine in question on another forum and it is an Indian Bullet, end of!
By wr6133
Seller has removed the claim of 1959, seems being told it yesterday wasn't enough but reading it here made him think again.
By vince
Hi, some years ago at kempton park autojumble a seller had a matchless 350 for sale, when my friend queried the date as there was so many different year parts on it the seller replied " yah, but its all matchless parts! " Vince.
By Adrian
I'm fine with Indian Bullets as well as Matchless or any other bitsas, we just want honest sellers. Too much to ask?

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles