This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
That’s always been the issue with Japanese bikes. Parts supply after a number of years is a pain.

I’ve always found it interesting that some British bikes have continuous parts supply, albeit pattern when many Japanese bikes are just as good. Maybe there are too many Japanese models.

I don’t know why I’m changing, I know it’s an issue I have. My 120 mile ride yesterday on my Classic 500 was very good. 60 really is the top speed. I did take him to just over 70 on a couple of occasions, but really, 60 max. But if you want comfort, then 50.
It’s much better since fitting the head steady.

I just change bikes…… I’m jealous of people who keep their bikes, but I can do it. I don’t think I’m fulfilled and I don’t know why. Right me off, I need to man up.
By papasmurf
windmill john wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:55 am
That’s always been the issue with Japanese bikes. Parts supply after a number of years is a pain.

I have never had a problem with that.
By Jamesy
Andy C wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:46 pm
Could have been worse - could have said "past my best :mrgreen:

Like you I also passed my test on a KH250 - OAE 128R probably long gone.
That bike is still registered with the dvla and tax was due on 1st September 1983.Its not officially been scrapped so could be a barn find.
By Duke of Wybourne.
papasmurf wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:15 am
windmill john wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:55 am

I have never had a problem with that.
Probably not. The difference being with an old Bullet, anything I need to keep what I depend on as my only transport, comes next day from our host. After rebuilding both an XBR, and a few years back, a SR, the same did not apply, and the parts costs were vastly different. I received brake parts for a Honda that weren't right, and the procedure for getting that sorted out was a somewhat different (and stressful) experience compared to the excellent level of service I have always received from Hitchcock.
By windmill john
Very valid argument. I cannot disagree at all with what you say.

Bullet parts back up…. Superb.
Knowledge back up.. on here…. Superb.

If the Bullet was 20 mph faster, why would anyone buy another bike….

I think I’m a fool if I sell my bikes, I think I just have an issue!
By Jamesy
I have just sold a 2019 classic 500 that lay in a dealers for 5 months waiting for a warranty part from India and the part (which Hitchcocks had) had to come from India because motogb the enfield importers said so.It would have cost me about £380 (labour included) to order the part from our hosts..The hold up was due to the Chenai factory closed down last year due to covid.Its just closed down again.The dealer strung me along saying they were in the dark and were hoping they would get the part within the next 2 weeks every 2 weeks.

I was always taught never to start a sentence with you.Thats why I sometimes start a sentence with.you.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Jamesy wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:19 pm
I have just sold a 2019 classic 500 that lay in a dealers for 5 months waiting for a warranty part from India and the part (which Hitchcocks had) had to come from India because motogb the enfield importers said so.It would have cost me about £380 (labour included) to order the part from our hosts..The hold up was due to the Chenai factory closed down last year due to covid.Its just closed down again.The dealer strung me along saying they were in the dark and were hoping they would get the part within the next 2 weeks every 2 weeks.

I was always taught never to start a sentence with you.Thats why I sometimes start a sentence with.you.
I agree with you regarding the UCE bikes, and the other newer bikes. I won't have another, the nonsense with the brake calipers and other spares issues has soured me. My Himalayan will be off soon, and I shall continue life in the slow/er lane with a 350 Bullet, which I've probably got enough spares for until fossil fuels expire. :lol:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles