This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Jamesy
For a 2019 Interceptor 650 fully comp for 1 year.Cheapest Swinton £67 to Hagerty at £491.17.Yes £491.17 this industry seriously needs regulated.Even if you query your renewal which is likely to be a 25% increase they will knock something off.
Note; I am an old geezer(most Enfield owners are) with umpteen years no claims.
By Nitrowing
I think the German system is perfect.
As 3rd party insurance is a legal requirement, the cost of this is set by the government and isn't expensive.
It's your choice if you wish to get any further insurance and the market is competitive.

Allowing our rip off system to generate profit from 3rd party insurance really gets on my nerves.
Every year getting my renewal is becoming a bigger nightmare. You can call Carole Nash and get different quotes for the same bike on the same day. I tried for the first time getting an online quote, but my phone kept on crashing, so I phoned the insurer (Bikesure) they quoted me just under £200, which I was going to go for, but the following morning I got an email as a result of the enquiry I thought had crashed for less than £100, same questions, same answers, so I called them and asked why ? No answer, and I was told it would be the higher quote. So back to the country's "favorite", only to find they'd lost my quote from three days earlier, and gave me yet another price, and set of conditions. Sometimes I lose the will to live dealing with these people. Does anyone do third party only these days? I asked what third party fire and theft would be, and was told I'd save a whopping £3.72. :oops:
By Andy C
I have been with CN for years, every year it is the same ritual, I tell them the renewal is too expensive, I get a quote elsewhere, go back to CN and they beat the new quote.

This year they reduced their original quote by about £50 when I called them back.

Try Peter James for a competitive quote - a lot of people recommend them.
By Beezabryan
Andy C wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:10 pm
I have been with CN for years, every year it is the same ritual, I tell them the renewal is too expensive, I get a quote elsewhere, go back to CN and they beat the new quote.

This year they reduced their original quote by about £50 when I called them back.

Try Peter James for a competitive quote - a lot of people recommend them.

C Nash? Would not P on them if they were on fire, ripped me off for a long time before I got wise.
PJ has not varied my renewal by more than a couple of quid (up and down) over the past years.
Why go through all the angst every year, I don't.
By Jamesy
Must admit CN was a good price with the 2019 RE classic 500 at £58 fully comp and £65 for the 2019 interceptor.I thought as I got older (70)things would get dearer with insurance.Doesnt seem to be the case although there must be a thresh hold.90? :lol:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles