This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
Would you believe it, just taken my wife out for her first ride in my new to me F650GS.
Got back and I asked how was it... she said more comfortable than the other two... I said what! I’ve just told stinkwheel that you thought Ari was comfortable. With her sensible answer to cover all eventualities, she said I didn’t say they were uncomfortable, just that Tweety is more comfortable. She saved herself and made me question what I wrote above :roll: :mrgreen:

Doug, shame you still can’t get a new Classic 500, but the 350 with its electric leg should be okay....if you can forget about the top speed of your 1000cc bikes.
Doug - great to hear that at 80 you are still riding, only hope that when if I reach your age I'll still be riding too.

Cant really offer any advice to be honest except to say that you will probably know when you find the right bike - I would not recommend a Triumph Speedmaster, I find mine pretty heavy even though the centre of gravity is quite low, I probably find it heavy because I have been riding my Himalayan and nothing else for a long while, only started taking the speedmaster out again when travel restrictions were relaxed.

Good luck in your search and let us know what you decide.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles