This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
This is so unimportant, but I'm glad to say this is the worst thing I have to worry about :D

As you can see from the pictures, I've fitted Givi racks to Ari. The only issue is, if I need to remove the rear light, or even change the bulb, it is now a bigger task than it needs to be. I won't say how many bolts you need to undo or in some cases remove.

For those who do not know, when you fit Givi luggage, they provide a new back plate the the number plate.

I want to be able to remove the bolt indicated in red, one either side of the number plate. So my thought is to two cut the bracket at somewhere like indicated by the green crosses. Then to somehow fabricate an additional bolt fitting so I can just remove the rear bolt indicated and an inch or two of bracket; might not be explaining this clearly!

Basically, the bolt I've arrowed in red, I want to undo that, but not the rest of the Givi frame. I'm considering cutting the bracket at the rear green cross, flattening a bit of the tube, drilling through the flattened tube, drilling two holes in the flattened bit and fitting a stubby piece of bracket/metal and just bolting the two halves together. It appears simple, I just don't want it looking a mess. Can anyone think of another idea, as I can't think of one.

No need to bust a gut. If my bulb lasts for ever, then I can forget it ;)
Attachments
IMG_1588.jpeg
IMG_1588.jpeg (3.1 MiB) Viewed 1764 times
bracket.jpg
bracket.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 1764 times
By stinkwheel
Could you make a small spacer and fit them to the back of the numberplate holder instead of the front?

Or fit and forget an LED lamp?
By windmill john
stinkwheel wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:03 am
Could you make a small spacer and fit them to the back of the numberplate holder instead of the front?

Or fit and forget an LED lamp?
You see! LED bulb, simple suggestion I didn’t think about! I could have changed the world and didn’t think of a simple fix.... thanks stinkwheel.

Spacer wouldn’t work, that would make the light loose, but the bulb..... :mrgreen: I was only thinking if I went abroad again and the bulb went, the faff. Haven’t been abroad for seven years though.
By p
have you seen those little silicone rubber led bike lights that a certain shop sell a red and a white for a pound? They even have an elastic fitting incorporated. I keep a couple in my car and they proved ideal one very wet night when my trailer lights packed up; likewise good standby for bike - and serve as torch as a bonus!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles