This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
papasmurf wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:06 pm
Are those cats yours?
Yes, Millie is the kitten and Charlie is the black one. We also had two more, mostly black ones - Sid and Nancy, but old age caught up with them in recent years. Sid spent a lot of time with me in the workshop and was the boss cat around here, pretty big, even taking on dogs and the odd fox. He also used to let me know when it was 5 o clock and time to finish for the day!
Bullet Whisperer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:43 pm
I had the opportunity to make this video, which I hope might help some avoid getting less than they bargained for.
https://youtu.be/PCAgfPw4xhw
Excellent.

The sad thing is that the people most likely to get caught out with the "Mumbai specials" won't look at this forum, or look for decent info on YouTube. I've seen what amounts to fraud being advertised on eBay, and some apparently reputable dealers as well. Last one I saw on the bay was advertised in excess of £5k with paragraphs of absolute drivel accompanied. Claimed to be Genuine Reddich, with not one single Item having any connection whatsoever with an English built bike.

Also good to see some "working" bikes in the vid as well, Enfields as they should be. :D
I used to have an inspection cat as well. :lol:
Good video, thanks Paul.

“Inspection cat”.....I like that. We here are dog people, mainly because I have to be careful with cats due to potential allergy. As a child I suffered an anaphylactic reaction to a new kitten my father brought home one night and I nearly died. Strangely, we’d had two cats before that which hadn’t caused me any problem.

Cats generally like me and I’ve occasionally had problems when visiting other people’s homes. Cats often jump up and sit on me, which is a bit worrying because I get instantly wheezy with some, but not all. If I rub my eyes after stroking some cats, my eyes soon look like p holes in the snow.

A couple of years ago I was lying on my back on the garage floor, working under my car. The garage door was open as it was sunny day. Suddenly, something unexpectedly brushed firmly against the side of my face.....it was the next door neighbour’s new cat which came in behind me and wanted to say hello. I didn’t know he even had a cat and hadn’t spotted it. It surprised me so much I jerked my head upwards and split my scalp open on a bolt tail under the car!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles