This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Trev
Andy C wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:23 pm
The Temp sensor - I re located the temp sensor to alngside the headstock - there is a wire cable guide that has a loop in it just big enough to accommodate an M6 screw that will hold the temp sensor in place. It is protected from being exposed to the full air flow by various cables and bracketry. Now seems to read something more "real world". I remember when I first picked it up from the dealer, it was a really hot and sunny day.........but not 36 degrees.

The compass - something that I often contemplate what it is trying to tell me, does the arrow point to the compas point I am travelling to, or away from it? I honestly dont know as it seems to vary. Not something I get that excited about to be honest as the chances of me actually needing a compass are pretty remote.

Just a foot note, the dealer I bought mine from told me that he had several customers with "sports" bikes who bought Himalayans as there second bike, at least 2 of these no very rarely ride their sports bikes as they enjoy the Himalayan so much.
I relocated mine other side of original location a bit more in the airflow but it still reads high, for example it showed 10 degrees this morning before I started the motor while our outdoor thermometer, and my toes, said 5 degrees. I bought an extender from our hosts to relocate to the headstock but given it still shows high even before starting the motor I'm not sure I can be bothered. Does yours seem to be accurate now you've located it?
By Andy C
Trev.

Yes, mine seems pretty accurrate - compared to the shed thermometer where the bike is kept it is about +/- a degree.

If I take it out in the cold for a ride and I park up for any reason it will rise about a degree compared to what it reads when moving.

Definatley worth re locating to headstock area.
By Trev
Andy C wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 pm
Trev.

Yes, mine seems pretty accurrate - compared to the shed thermometer where the bike is kept it is about +/- a degree.

If I take it out in the cold for a ride and I park up for any reason it will rise about a degree compared to what it reads when moving.

Definatley worth re locating to headstock area.
Cheers, I'll give it a go

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles