This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
Look at my Bullet! Maybe I should have a Himalayan :mrgreen:

One thing does play with my mind ... Bullets have great mudguards to catch most rubbish.
Why then does my seat get covered in splashes! I’ve had less mess on the top of Transalps, GS, Honda Dominator, Vigors etc.
It’s not really a question. I’m often amazed at the angle that muck comes off the rear wheel and back towards the front of the bike. You’d think it all would be thrown off from the ground to the 9:00 o’clock position.

Don’t worry, I’m on furlough, too much time :roll:
Attachments
49054CDD-0088-4749-AC62-D9E976B9787F.jpeg
49054CDD-0088-4749-AC62-D9E976B9787F.jpeg (4.48 MiB) Viewed 1617 times
6EAA224C-B19D-4CBD-9228-DEFBD6246704.jpeg
6EAA224C-B19D-4CBD-9228-DEFBD6246704.jpeg (4.08 MiB) Viewed 1617 times
By Wheaters
To my way of thinking, this is the worst thing about biking at this time of year. Getting a bike fully dry after cleaning is almost impossible and I hate seeing corrosion appear.

I hate getting cold and wet, too, I’m not as resilient as I was almost fifty years ago when I started biking on the road. So my bikes can stay in the garage for now, especially in view of the increasing pandemic situation.

My ancient Suzuki Swift 1.0 now has its snow tyres fitted and it has a really good heater..... but I’m really looking forward to Spring!
By trophyvase
To keep riding through all weathers - as some of us used to!!! - the best protection for the bike is a good spray of ACF50. Leave it on under the dirt and then hose the whole thing down from time to time - and see your bike sparkle as new.

At least that's the theory! :lol:
By black fingernail
My bikes stay in hibernation this time of year liberally covered in ACF50 of GT85 usually both, you cannot put too much on, then covered up until the gritters go to sleep. The covers only come off for work to be carried out, and the time consuming mods and refurb jobs to be done to save the precious, sunny, summer weekends for riding reliably, hopefully!
The Bullet has just had a top end overhaul, and is now getting everything inside the clutch cover re-furbed and the covers polished by Big Al, after that, the timing cover is coming off to examine and re-furb as necessary.
The Benelli is getting a nice new cam chain tensioner, (the plastic goes brittle with modern oil), and full service.
I think, at my age, taking a bike out in slippery conditions could end up very life changing.
I imagine I'd end up like those toys that you push up the base and everything goes floppy.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles