This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
FIRST OF ALL A BIG APOLOGY FOR MESSING WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE. This is my effort; the original is a couple of messages before.

I can't help but experiment. With anything, sorry!

Anyway, I looked up how to make it look older and it said to adjust the brightness up, which reduces the modern sharp accuracy. As a by-product, it seemed to get rid of the modern road markings. And I added a bit of smoke, too.
Attachments
b and white bike.jpg
b and white bike.jpg (342.03 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Just turning a picture black and white and changing the contrast is not really enough to make a pic look old. Best approach is to add one of the photoshop filters kicking around the internet. A bit trial and error but some good results can be had. I use photoshop for a living so not inclined to go near it at the moment. Great to see Rushlake Green pics there Windmill John. My mother lives a stones throw from there and my bullet has explored those lanes many times. A great area for chugging around.
Okay, really gone for it with a long tutorial.

Layers, many adjustment layers, mode changes, levels, mid tones highlights etc all changed, dust and scratches added to create the 1950’s Kodak colours.
Attachments
4B2C4835-F377-4702-95AB-C0E4F1690FCC.jpeg
4B2C4835-F377-4702-95AB-C0E4F1690FCC.jpeg (734.63 KiB) Viewed 2194 times

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles