This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
Andy C wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:45 pm
Going to have to wait untill the lockdown is over before I can test them :(

Not if you use it for shopping.
By Tatianal08
Andy C wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:10 pm
Like you I treat my Him carefully when warming up - gentle on the throttle, dont thrash it.

The stalling issue is totally random, on occassion it would just cut out for no reason.

I hasten to add that it only does this when you go to pull away, since fitting the booster plug the issue has by and large gone away.

I know of one owner (from another forum) who got rid of his Him because of this issue maintenance climatisation Cagnes Sur Mer, that person also knew of an instance of someone being "rear ended" due to the bike randomly stalling.

If you search the web you will find a few people reporting this problem, perhaps you are lucky in that you have never experienced the problem, and I hope it stays that way for you.

A
Maybe he didn't do it on purpose and we should give him a second chance.
By Andy C
What I think that Tatianal08 means is that the driver who rear ended the Himalayan, was perhaps not at fault.

I would say that 9/10 times if you rear end someone it is your fault - unless it is one of those insurance scammers.

I was rear ended in a car once at a roundabout - the bloke who hit me said "I thought you were going to pull away" errr, no I was not.....you dont tend to pull out in front of cars comming from your right !
By Exile
Andy C,
"Exile, what is your idle speed?"

Mine is pretty low, but back to the bike....
I have absolutely no idea. No way to measure it. I started off with the revs set low, which was how the bike was when I bought it. After it did the stall at the lights a few times I just decided to increase the idle speed a little. And I do mean a little. That cured it. I have no idea if it was fuel starved at low revs but it appeared to be a logical thing to try. Just followed my ear.
Not much help to you, I fear, but maybe worth a try.
By Doug Brown
Well I don't know if it will help but I learnt a lot about fuel injection working on my wife's f650 BMW .
One of the most important things when starting up is don't touch the throttle. Its hard if you've come from a bike with a carb as some require a little bit of a blip. On fuel injection it relearns the idle stop point every start up. If you blip it an incorrect point is learned.
Sometimes disconnecting the battery overnight resets everything.
By Andy C
Interesting Doug - I'll bear that in mind.

Thanks.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles