This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
Wow, thanks for posting that Papasmurf.
It does seem that someone has gone to inordinate effort to analyse the rules to apply to bikers, particularly as things seem to change from day to day. Perhaps it can be simplified by saying "apply you local tier rules to your activity" (bike or otherwise), and use old fashioned common sense?
I remain very aware of the covid risks, but have to say that - probably wrongly - if I encounter a biker in a ditch, or indeed anyone in serious distress, I would put their well being as a priority and maybe only after the event worry about covid risk. I am confident in not being alone in this.......
On a lighter note, whilst the White Helmets may break the rule of 6 on a bike, I think you would have to look to the far east to see numbers approaching that!
p wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:12 pm
Wow, thanks for posting that Papasmurf.
It does seem that someone has gone to inordinate effort to analyse the rules to apply to bikers, particularly as things seem to change from day to day. Perhaps it can be simplified by saying "apply you local tier rules to your activity" (bike or otherwise), and use old fashioned common sense?

Given that that document has the agreement and participation of the National Police Chiefs Council as long as my wife and I comply with the rule of two in it, we can recreational ride with no legal issues.
I just need to complete two more circuits of my running in route, (limited to 45mph for 300 miles, new Honda C125 Super Cub ABS,) and I can then go fast enough for my wife to follow me happily on her Suzuki 800cc Intruder (ish which is not happy in top gear below 50mph.)
Sounds fun... need to wrap up warm though, West country - or IOW(?) still pretty chilly today! I've just bought a 125 as a second bike and thoroughly enjoying it, performance about the same as a Bullet but you need to use the gearbox a lot more. Someone said, "riding a slow bike fast is more fun than riding a fast bike slow," I'm inclined to agree. Enjoy.
I don’t mind the cold so much but I really dislike cleaning a bike in the cold and wet. I cleaned my 350 Electra yesterday (it was well overdue from my last ride about a week ago when it got quite muddy) and have put it away for now. I’m desperate to ride it again but won’t until the weather picks up again.

We’re in tier 3 in any case and the last time I rode out I was horrified how few people (regretfully, many of them bikers) were caring for social distancing and common sense.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles