This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Bullet Whisperer
Bit of an unusual post, this, I suppose, but it needs saying. I seem to have acquired myself a troll for some reason. I won't mention any 'names', I think it is obvious enough for anyone who has read certain recent posts here. This troll lurks both here and on Youtube, that I am aware of and it even made unpleasant remarks about Hitchcocks' carburettor kits for the 535 GT models among the unpleasant and unhelpful comments it left there, which I have not deleted, should anyone wish to see them [probably not worth it, I know].
Quite why this vile individual has chosen to do this, I have no idea, but if there is a problem, he, she, or it is more than welcome to pop round for a 'friendly chat' and I am sure I will sort things out.
In the short and long term, I know this rather sad hate campaign will do nothing to harm me, as I feel I don't have anything to prove, my work to date hopefully having already done that and the workload I have hopefully speaks volumes, too.
Over the years, I have used Hitchcocks, pretty much whenever a Royal Enfield has been in for attention, among them, three 535 GT machines for tuning and carburettor conversions, with one current and two from a couple of years ago. I can honestly say the two completed ones worked fine and performed much better than they did when they came in and both owners were very happy with their machines and I hope soon, there will be a third happy owner of such a machine, and I heartily recommend Hitchcocks, their products and service.
I hope I can use this rotten apple to my advantage, I know the spiteful words are just hot air at the end of the day, and will not do me or Hitchcocks any harm.
To anyone who got this far, thank you for reading!
B.W.
By Wheaters
Paul, your good reputation is well known by those that matter.

Problem with the internet is that it empowers idiots. Some of them seek to bolster their own sad sense of self importance and ego by trying to belittle the better efforts and achievements of others.

I’ve suffered from a few in my time. As a moderator on a car forum belonging to an acquaintance (he invited me to help out because of my knowledge of a particular engine and tuning them), I was subjected to a campaign of insults and threats from one particular young contributor who constantly broke the forum rules and wouldn’t accept moderation of his posts. It got as far as his father joining in and threatening me with violence! The forum owner eventually closed it down because it just became too much trouble for all of the admin staff.
By Andy C
Paul

"I know the spiteful words are just hot air at the end of the day, and will not do me or Hitchcocks any harm."

Exactly.

I know its not easy, but if you dont "bite" and just ignore them, they will eventually get tired of hassling you.
By rustygman
Don't feed the trolls Paul. So many idiots out there with nothing better to do. I wonder if Covid has made it worse. Love those tuned bullets that look well used.
By windmill john
Paul, if you were in East Sussex and I had a few pennies, I’d pop my engine in for a barrel tweak.

I used to be on the XRV forum a few years back when I had my 650 Transalp and dominator (Honda).
It was a good forum for technical info, but there was a bit of swearing on it. I’m not a prude, but don’t need that unintentionally.
I’m on the BMBikes forum. Again good knowledge and no swearing.

I like this forum, great knowledge, polite... generally... I joined last year and frankly, without this forum, I wouldn’t have added Ari to Gupta. Don’t go Paul. I’m sure you won’t, but just saying.
Bullet Whisperer wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:59 pm
Bit of an unusual post, this, I suppose, but it needs saying. I seem to have acquired myself a troll for some reason. I won't mention any 'names', I think it is obvious enough for anyone who has read certain recent posts here. This troll lurks both here and on Youtube, that I am aware of and it even made unpleasant remarks about Hitchcocks' carburettor kits for the 535 GT models among the unpleasant and unhelpful comments it left there, which I have not deleted, should anyone wish to see them [probably not worth it, I know].
Quite why this vile individual has chosen to do this, I have no idea, but if there is a problem, he, she, or it is more than welcome to pop round for a 'friendly chat' and I am sure I will sort things out.
In the short and long term, I know this rather sad hate campaign will do nothing to harm me, as I feel I don't have anything to prove, my work to date hopefully having already done that and the workload I have hopefully speaks volumes, too.
Over the years, I have used Hitchcocks, pretty much whenever a Royal Enfield has been in for attention, among them, three 535 GT machines for tuning and carburettor conversions, with one current and two from a couple of years ago. I can honestly say the two completed ones worked fine and performed much better than they did when they came in and both owners were very happy with their machines and I hope soon, there will be a third happy owner of such a machine, and I heartily recommend Hitchcocks, their products and service.
I hope I can use this rotten apple to my advantage, I know the spiteful words are just hot air at the end of the day, and will not do me or Hitchcocks any harm.
To anyone who got this far, thank you for reading!
B.W.
Aren't there forum moderators to deal with this sort of thing ?
By windmill john
I would have thought it would be a difficult one to moderate. A bit like spam filters at work, there’s no swearing, no referencing abuse, no violence, just very different views.
I obviously am playing safe and keeping any personal views.... personal.
By ed.lazda
I don't know a huge amount about old motorcycles, and one of the reasons for reading forums like this is to learn more. Being the internet, you have to learn whose opinions and advice you can trust, and Paul is undoubtedly one of those.

Now, where are those Billy Goats Gruff when you need them?
By Adrian
Being the internet, you have to learn
But I am not the internet! I might be on the internet...

Sorry Ed, I couldn't resist.

I agree that a trio of suitably engruffled billy goats is an essential part of every forum moderator's and admin's toolkit, though.

A.
By PeteF
I think we all know of whom you speak BW and the man is so obviously an idiot that he's not worth worrying about.
On the other hand, forums are enlivened by having a few idiots and who knows, they might occasionally be right :D

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles