This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By trophyvase
Any thoughts on this one - a 250?
Not that I want to be disloyal!
Attachments
Jawajpg.jpg
Jawajpg.jpg (18 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
By Duke of Wybourne.
trophyvase wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:39 pm
Any thoughts on this one - a 250?
Not that I want to be disloyal!
293cc.
The difference in ownership could possibly be no backup service to match that of our host. Ok if you are not totally reliant on your bike.
By rustygman
I don't see any reason why Jawa who are owned by the giant Mahindra of India are going to bother with little old europe. I like the look of the Jawa but sounds like they put a revvy short stroke motor in which is a bit of a mistake in my opinion. I am liking the look of the Meteor and look forward to hearing it has a low on the road price.
By Trev
I quite like the look of the meteor, the 650's put me off as too smooth (I know, I know - duh!) but this sounds and looks closer to the 500 classic. Ideally I would like a little more grunt as I use my Ennie with a pillion quite a lot but perhaps a larger bore/slightly pokier version will be forthcoming in the future, not a rocketship but something with at least the same performance as my tweaked 500 efi.
Will definitely try one if and when it gets to the UK but I never buy new anyway so will be waiting until the 'must have a new one' peeps have had their turn ; )
By rustygman
Relating to my last post, i have just read on MCN that BSA are due to launch production based in the midlands. BSA are also owned by Mahindra (as are Peugeot scooters). Maybe at some point in the future we will see all 3 brands sold in the UK.
By trophyvase
The more I see and read about this bike the more I like it.

It's not my ideal 'style' but the bike seems very well designed and ought to ride well.
Performance will certainly be better than 350 Bullet and probably better or as good as 500 Bullet EFIs.

If the price is right - and I'm sure it will be - I can see this selling very well indeed.
By Rushour
I think personally to break from tradition and call this bike something other than a Bullet is a refreshing change - although it is a shame to see the Bullet name finish - but if this is anywhere close to the build quality, performance and value for money as the 650 Twin, and I have no doubt it will be (bearing in mind that it was designed and developed in the same place) - it will be a winner.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Not wishing to give anyone free advertising, but I've just seen one in the usual place (UK seller) advertised new, just shy of £3750.
By Nitrowing
Duke of Wybourne. wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:21 pm

That would look nice with a black tank and gold decals.
trophyvase wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Performance will certainly be better than 350 Bullet and probably better or as good as 500 Bullet EFIs.

If the price is right - and I'm sure it will be - I can see this selling very well indeed.
I thought my (heavier) ElectraX had 22bhp...
Duke of Wybourne. wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:08 pm
just shy of £3750.
...and I'm out! Nearly £4000 buys lots of other bikes
By Trev
Nitrowing wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:30 pm
...and I'm out! Nearly £4000 buys lots of other bikes
Hmmmmm, what are those?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles