This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
May have been covered before, pardon the pun, but just received my new cover from our hosts.

Wilco were out of stock........ just kidding Rushour before you reach for your quill and ink pot :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Couldn’t resist because I can’t forget :roll:

Perfect fit. I’ve turned my mirrors in as I need to get it down a passage. I also have luggage rack fitted in case you are querying the front wheel coverage. This is a perfect fit for my 350 Bullet and I’m reasonably confident it would suit Ari, my Classic 500; he’s already covered.
Attachments
6E00F601-AC1A-4614-B6C1-832979B9A97A.jpeg
6E00F601-AC1A-4614-B6C1-832979B9A97A.jpeg (453.03 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
By windmill john
Well Gupta has been elevated from one day a week commuter plus Saturday rides, to two two to three days a week.

Yesterday a nice lady made my mind up when she turned in front of me on my Transalp. Not sure how impressed she was with her new bonnet ornament but don’t worry, I was only on there briefly! I did look better on the floor.
Forks bent, bike collected today. Might be repairable, but with bent forks, scratched fairings, broken fairing mounts, snapped indicator stalk, bent brake lever.....

My wife tells me off for joking about everything, not sure why I run that way.
I appreciate I have been very lucky. Left wrist (I’m left handed) sprained. Worse today, couldn’t brush my teeth properly! But I know some of you have had far worse offs.
By Grumpy Rider
Sorry to hear the news of your RTA, Hope you get well soon, As you say it could have been so much worse.
I admire the dedication of all the folks like you who are able to keep their bikes in good condition and store them outside, as a young man I had to store mine undercovers outside - I was so relieved when I was able to garage them on my own property that cover fits great on gupta, my friend has one from our host on his RE in his metal shed as the condensation drips all over the bike!!
Take care
By windmill john
Exactly, she said a few times, I just didn’t see you..

A yellow Transalp, headlight on and a Dickies yellow jacket with reflective strips!
Thank god it was a thirty zone.

Grumpy Rider, I’d love a garage. I do have a shed to take one bike. Gupta has been in the shed, but you certainly wouldn’t want to do it on a daily basis. In the picture you can see two bins. These are in front of our oil tank. The oil tank makes it only a little awkward to get the bike down the side of the house. But to put him in the shed, I need to put my bike ramp over a low wall and then get guidance whilst pushing the bike into the shed backwards. Happy to do it when I need to do big jobs on the bike.

I know some people have a bike for the bad weather, but I use mine all year round. I’d rather they weren’t under covers, but...

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles