This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By ericpode
Just cancelled my AA membership after being told that they will only offer help to vehicles with a current MOT cert!
By Beezabryan
Was this a direct communication from AA to you?
Or was it a mate who got it from another mate who said he saw it on t'internet.
Then off in a huff?
By ericpode
No, it was expressly told to me by their salesman on the 'phone this afternoon, I queried it twice and he was adamant.
By windmill john
The last time I asked the AA about this, they said there was no Vehicle age limit; of course that’s different to MOT. I cannot imagine them turning up and saying where’s your MOT.
By Beezabryan
Having thought about it a while I seem to remember something of this nature being discussed on a rather more classic oriented bike forum.
When questioned the recovery firm in question said their no MOT no rescue policy did not apply where an MoT was not a legal requirement ie vehicles registered as Historic.
It may well be thought that AA or any other roadside rescue service would be considered to be aiding and abetting an offence by attending an illegal vehicle.
Therefore there may well be some misunderstanding by one or other party or indeed both.
It might be suggested that Eric speak again with AA either with a salesperson or management as Papasmurf suggests.
By Mann
Brother in law works for the RAC, they will not attend to a vehicle which does not have a valid MOT for roadside assistance but they will attend to a vehicle which is exempt from requiring an MOT
By John-M
I think that clause is so they don't get people taking the mick having wrecks recovered rather than paying for proper transport.
If a valid MOT was required for ALL vehicles recovered, they would not recover anything under 3 years old.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles