This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Spudgun
I've no idea if anyone else here does it, but I do like to browse the motorbike listings. Anyway. Last Saturday morning. I noticed a Royal Enfield 535 Lightning up for sale. Yeah. It needed a bit of work to get it up for scratch (I checked our Hosts site for parts and there was a couple our Hosts didn't have). The Buy it Now price was good. £1150. I didn't buy it, as I already have a 500 Lightning. Suffice to say. At the £1150 price tag. It sold very quickly. Here's the thing....

Whoever bought the Lightning has put it up on Ebay. Buy it Now asking price? £2350!
Nothing curious about this at at all, sadly.

Bike listed too cheaply. Advert-scouring dealer snaps it up and very quickly puts it back on the market at a big fat mark-up. I agree that >100% is pretty greedy! Did you check his other items for sale?

I've seen this before. You can send him a "How dare you" message if you think it will help.

A.
Adrian wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:59 am
Define "few"!

Nothing illegal happened, I agree, it just seems horribly cynical, to me at least. Will this Lightning actually sell at matey's asking price, or is he pushing his luck?

A.
I scan Enfields on eBay daily, you get to know the ones like old friends that are on there, some for over a year. Apologies to any owners, but Lightenings look like something my grandad would have designed out of spite. :lol:
I picked one up in similar nick a few years ago for £500, and broke it for bits for my Bullet. The one I bought had a disc on the front. I couldn't give a way the tank, seat etc.
For shame!. I love my Lightning to bits. You're right though. A fair number of Lightnings get re-bashed into Bullets. No wonder some parts are so hard to get. Moving along...

I have no problem with anyone with buying a cheap bike and then selling it on for a profit. However. The new owner listing the Lightning within a week was a bit foolish. Peoples memories aren't that short.

My interest was buying it. Putting back to stock condition. Riding it for a couple of years and then selling it. Sadly. There were some parts I couldn't get.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles