This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
I’m after something like this:

https://www.wish.com/product/56ba975c85 ... &share=web

For my Classic 500, 2017. As you know it does not have an odometer. Okay it’s does, just not a trip meter; stop being pedantic :mrgreen:

So, as I’ve been reading two or three times not to wait until the reserve light comes on and keep more fuel in, as the fuel pump can damage easily. I’d like to know roughly when I’ve covered 150 miles or so.

So... I’d like to attach a little counter. Only thing is, I want to set the numbers. Without taking the glass off, has anyone seen a little counter that I can twiddle the numbers on?
Chances are I’ll just take the cover off. It doesn’t matter too much if the weather gets to it.

Feel free to call me sad now....
By windmill john
Yes, I’ve seen a nice plywood one.... something tells me going out in the rain might be interesting ;) got absolutely drench on Thursday.
By Wheaters
ericpode wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:12 pm
I too am irritated by the lack of a trip meter. Look in the wife's knitting basket for a row counter ;)
Yes, me too! Come the revolution.....
By Duke of Wybourne.
windmill john wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:03 pm
I’m after something like this:

https://www.wish.com/product/56ba975c85 ... &share=web

For my Classic 500, 2017. As you know it does not have an odometer. Okay it’s does, just not a trip meter; stop being pedantic :mrgreen:

So, as I’ve been reading two or three times not to wait until the reserve light comes on and keep more fuel in, as the fuel pump can damage easily. I’d like to know roughly when I’ve covered 150 miles or so.

So... I’d like to attach a little counter. Only thing is, I want to set the numbers. Without taking the glass off, has anyone seen a little counter that I can twiddle the numbers on?
Chances are I’ll just take the cover off. It doesn’t matter too much if the weather gets to it.

Feel free to call me sad now....
A couple of these mounted on a simple bracket. I used them in my Bullet for years. Knitting needle row counters, they cost pennies.

By Duke of Wybourne.
windmill john wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:46 pm
Hmmm, if that had three digits, it’d be perfect.
You stick two side by side on a 5mm bolt neatly clamped to the mirror bracket and you have 4 digits, just leave the one on the left a zero, and you have three digits.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles