This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Nitrowing
Physics 101 - weight hinders acceleration :lol:
Alloy stays can weigh the same as steel but will be much stiffer. We discovered this last century.

Reading some of the responses, it's glaringly obvious why we no longer have a motor industry :lol:
If you need explanations as to why weight is bad, I'm not going to waste my time trying to pull you away from polishing your brass. Read.

Exhaust lagging is basically fibreglass - not renowned for being heavy. Go and google why it's good.

I looked at swapping the rims/spokes with aluminium/stainless but it's over £300 a wheel. I'm looking at other bikes to see what is suitable but the sprocket alignment is an issue.

Rear has been junked - saved 3kg with the replacement. Saved half a kilo by changing those.
I'm planning on a new seat, I've never made a seat be before so it should be fun. I'll get it professionally covered. I've already started with titanium :D
Yeah, it won't have much more speed than another Enfield but it will out-accelerate and be more economical.
Nitrowing wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Physics 101 - weight hinders acceleration :lol:
Alloy stays can weigh the same as steel but will be much stiffer. We discovered this last century.

Reading some of the responses, it's glaringly obvious why we no longer have a motor industry :lol:
If you need explanations as to why weight is bad, I'm not going to waste my time trying to pull you away from polishing your brass. Read.

Exhaust lagging is basically fibreglass - not renowned for being heavy. Go and google why it's good.

Yeah, it won't have much more speed than another Enfield but it will out-accelerate and be more economical.
Bring it on :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Nitrowing
Yeah, I saw a carbon fibre Ducati with a guy that needed half a herd of cattle to cover him in leather :shock:
At 63kg, I need to put a shopping basket full of pies on the front :lol:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles