This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
Probably could be under technical, but not that technical!

I know there is talk of Indian made items, but both of these are on our host's site, so no issue.

Indian clutch cable £8. British made clutch cable £34!!!

I don't made paying a premium, but....

Has anyone had any issues with the Indian clutch cable?

John
By Rattlebattle
Yes, I replaced mine after a couple of years, but I was able to use the supplied spare, which you don't get these days... A Hitchcocks one would probably outlast the bike.
By Jojje
My 2005 Electra consumes clutch cables almost annually.
Once tried a fancy Guzzi cable but it didn't last a tad longer.
Nowadays I solder my own reusing old sheaths.
By Rattlebattle
I wasn’t criticising the C5, I was praising the Hitchcocks cable :D I bought one. It’s a much better job than the RE one.
By windmill john
Thanks both, I'll start saving my pennies.

Actually and the reason I started this thread, the ride to work yesterday felt very much like a stretching cable, very different from the previous ride; so will be ordering one tonight.

Rode home on a BM with a dead clutch cable, but on a Honda, due to the fact there many junctions between me and home I was recovered.

John
By Rattlebattle
Compared to a lot of bikes I’ve owned over the years the C5 clutch is nice and light. I doubt it places much strain on the cable. My original one began to feel gritty; a few strands had broken, so I replaced it at home before it broke when out and about. The replacement supplied with the bike looks like it too will meet an early demise despite regular lubrication. The Hitchcocks one is a decent cable and, given care, should be a fit and forget item.
By windmill john
Well I’ve ordered it. Can’t tell from the piccy, is it nylon lined? Just thinking of the best lube or whether to if it is lined.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles