This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Wheaters
Unfortunately I don’t think there is such a beast from the factory....yet.

However, I think there should be one. I was recently talking to the owner of a new Triumph Scrambler.....a nice looking beast but there are, for me, two major things against that bike.

Firstly, it is a very tall, heavy beast. Too much for me, especially for off road riding.

Secondly, but importantly they cost £12,000!

Surely, there’s a market for a lighter, less expensive but similar looking bike.

Who else would like to see such a bike? Royal Enfield “Trophy 650”?
By Rattlebattle
Form over function and burnt leg, not for me. What I would like RE to build is a bigger twin, say 900cc, that produces about 70RWBHP and has the style of something like the BSA A10. One of the things I like about my UCE single is that it has proper valanced mudguards that do what it says on the tin. It also has an exhaust that is parallel to the ground so it was easy to fit full size panniers. I never understood why RE produced two new twins with upswept exhausts and sports mudguards. I have two other bikes with useless mudguards which is why my bike of choice in the winter is my RE. A Himalayan type twin or larger soho single would also be good.
By Wheaters
Bullet Whisperer wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:04 pm
There is already a Royal Enfield Interceptor Scrambler. They were made circa 1967 - 1970 and would be a tough act to follow.
But it would be nice to see them try.
By Wheaters
Rattlebattle wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:16 pm
Form over function and burnt leg, not for me. What I would like RE to build is a bigger twin, say 900cc, that produces about 70RWBHP and has the style of something like the BSA A10. One of the things I like about my UCE single is that it has proper valanced mudguards that do what it says on the tin. It also has an exhaust that is parallel to the ground so it was easy to fit full size panniers. I never understood why RE produced two new twins with upswept exhausts and sports mudguards. I have two other bikes with useless mudguards which is why my bike of choice in the winter is my RE. A Himalayan type twin or larger soho single would also be good.
That exhaust seems very well tucked in; I doubt it would result in a burnt inside leg. Certainly the high level Woodsman exhaust i’ve had on my bike doesn’t.
By Adrian
They appear to have fitted heatshields, but the modern interpretation of a even a street scrambler just doesn't work for me. What's with that fly screen and chunky FRONT tyre? What happened to 3x21" front wheels?

A.
By Bullet Whisperer
Adrian wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:24 pm
They appear to have fitted heatshields, but the modern interpretation of a even a street scrambler just doesn't work for me. What's with that fly screen and chunky FRONT tyre? What happened to 3x21" front wheels?

A.
Hipsters got into motorcycle design, that's the problem.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles