This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Bullet Whisperer
Boxerman wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:05 am

I seems though, in the modern idiom, that scramblers are just road bikes with high level exhausts and knobbly tyres

Frank
[/quote]
Just like modern so-called 'cafe racers', which just have their arse ends stuck right up in the air, fat front tyres with headlamps nearly rubbing on them and the obligatory brown seats. Nothing like a Cafe Racer and I wish these muppets could think of original names for their hideous creations which bear no resemblance to the original concepts.
By Adrian
Frank,

there used to be such a thing a a street scrambler (I'm guilty of this!), basically a road bike with a re-styling nod to the off-road product, our hosts' "trials" kit is in a similar vein. The modern hipster scrambler seems to have lost the plot.

Incidentally, high-level exhausts on roadsters were pretty common pre-war in the days before plastic over-trousers and boots. Tweed and leather didn't melt.

Bullet Whisperer,

you know why these things have brown seats? As a reminder to wear the brown trousers they'll need when they try and ride these things on anything other than a very straight road... :shock:

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles