This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Adrian
Two can play at that game, Wayne! (Or we could while the heads were still for sale...) VM36 or 38 Mikuni carb? Dell'Orto PHF36 on mine.

A.
Attachments
DSCN8063.JPG
DSCN8063.JPG (406.64 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
By Adrian
I did have a PHM38 ex-KTM ready to fit, but as you probably know, the big head doesn't give you a lot of room under the tank (even one which is supposed to fit), and it didn't QUITE squeeze in, even with a 90° cable ferrule.

A.
By ed.lazda
I like that Adrian. Are they tubeless wheels? They look a lot better than the ones you usually see with the regularly spaced "spokes".
By Adrian
Yes, or at least the front one still is is. The rear Avon AM26 developed an odd leak after a few months which my local bike shop could not isolate, so it now has a tube in it.

A.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Dakar spec XT500, probably my favourite bike. Had a later XT 600 Tenere, then an Aprillia Tuareg, both built for long distance work, but the XT500 was much more rider friendly. They are too expensive now to be ridden and thrashed. (For me anyway)

The Tuareg should have been the best of the bunch, but it was let down by poor suspension components which wore out super quick in hostile environments. Plus non stick paint on the frame didn't help much either.

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model ... d%2089.htm
By trophyvase
Seeing there is nothing perfect in this world – but going on ‘success’ this oddity would rate with me as a pretty good instance of form following function – which is after all the recipe for perfection in design. Well maybe!!
Attachments
315K_1-1974-MZ-250-ISDT MOD SM.jpg
315K_1-1974-MZ-250-ISDT MOD SM.jpg (170.63 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
By Adrian
In a word, purposeful. Not my thing, but I can certainly see the attraction of a bike like this.

A.
By trophyvase
And again!!!

‘Perfect’ only has meaning for a ‘device’ if that ‘device’ consistently achieves its intended purpose. This ‘device’ has more claim than most to be regarded as ‘perfect’ – that goes for bike and rider – ‘as one’ in ‘pursuit of perfection’!!
Attachments
0508249.jpg
0508249.jpg (26.85 KiB) Viewed 1772 times

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles