This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Wheaters
“Why not the SR500?”

Well, the 500 was discontinued twenty odd years before the 400. In this case, I’d be quite happy for the smaller engine. Vehicle tax a bit cheaper, too.

If it’s as quick as my 350, it would be OK for performance.

Having said that, it might not be..... but a bit more civilised :)
By stinkwheel
One I saw at the weekend that you don't often see about these days (or ever, I don't think they made all that many) and a bike I reckon a lot on here would like (based on what's in this thread) was a Honda GB500.

Does anyone remember the MZ "Silver Star"? Brit-styled ETZ chassis with a disc brake and rotax 500 motor. More than a hint of hesketh about it to my eye.
By Adrian
Not sure the GB500TT was ever an official import to the UK, though I had a couple of Belgian visitors last year, one of whom was riding one.

A.
By Daiwiskers
If we're going to talk about stock bike's

The Suzuki T500 would be high on my list
That's the one bike I actually missed when it went ( I should never have bought that kettle)
By Wheaters
My other “modern” bike is a 1991 Honda Nighthawk which was never officially imported to U.K. I bought it in 1997 (it’s actually a Japan home market bike) and I brought it back with me when I left Hong Kong in 1998. The styling of the new RE 650 twin is very similar to it.
Attachments
13A21110-3AB9-41BE-9003-1BC4CE72D3F6.jpeg
13A21110-3AB9-41BE-9003-1BC4CE72D3F6.jpeg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 1827 times
By black fingernail
black fingernail wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:51 pm
An old '70's Laverda Jota, or a '70's MV Augusta, suitably altered to a more comfy upright riding position,(I'm too stiff and old for clip-ons and rearsets).
But if it must be British, a Norvin, or a tastefully modernised, brakes etc. Brough superior SS.
Now I have had time to reflect, I don't think I would bother with the British bikes, I would go French.
Koehler-Escoffier-1000.jpg
Koehler-Escoffier-1000.jpg (157.99 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
The beautiful Koehler Escoffier.
By windmill john
Daiwiskers wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 pm
If we're going to talk about stock bike's

The Suzuki T500 would be high on my list
That's the one bike I actually missed when it went ( I should never have bought that kettle)

Charlie also has two of those too :mrgreen:

http://www.classichondamotorcycles.co.u ... ?bike=4964

http://www.classichondamotorcycles.co.u ... ?bike=4974

John
By Rattlebattle
Godet Egli Vincent would be nice. That said I don’t believe there’s any such thing as a perfect bike. I have one for popping into town and going for local rides round the lanes (RE C5). I have another for riding with the local IAM group, touring abroad and generally riding “making progress” (Honda Crossrunner) and one for modding, polishing and going for a blast on sunny days (Thruxton 865 EFI). None of these bikes is good at everything. The RE is too slow for long journeys, the Triumph too nice to get filthy and the Honda too boring to tiddle about on, though a real flyer for riding at a fast pace. Of the three if I had to keep only one it would be Honda, Triumph and RE in that order.
By Rushour
Do love my ( not quite perfect or genuine ) Fury - don't get enough time to ride it ...
Attachments
DSC01607.JPG
DSC01607.JPG (1.43 MiB) Viewed 1781 times

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles