This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
For sale:

Retro custom bobber/cafe racer/futuristic bike.

As you can see, I’ve removed all the non essential weight and powder coated the frame.

Would suit hipster with too much money.

Offers in excess of £8,000.

Will consider PX for my next project.
Attachments
24A3AC75-4260-4B4F-8CA1-F81BA11DF6AA.jpeg
24A3AC75-4260-4B4F-8CA1-F81BA11DF6AA.jpeg (83.01 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
By black fingernail
When I bought the Electra-X which is now the street tracker project, a previous owner (not the immediate previous owner) had come up with a bizarre twin-clock conversion with a green-painted wooden bung in the speedo hole in the casquette, and the speedo and rev-counter mounted in what looks like a pair of our hosts' re-counter cups, secured to the bung with a base plate made of, yes, meccano. I'm re-using one of the steel cups.

A.

[/quote]

Very ingenious, Not very aesthetically pleasing though. At least there's no lasting damage, easily put right.
By Adrian
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My initial thoughts were "What on earth was he thinking?", or something along those lines. Maybe the price of a Series 1 Interceptor top yoke ( the neatest solution) made him think "I can save a few bob here".

The immediate previous owner had planned to put it back to standard but never got around to it. Unfortunately the wiring had been chopped about too, the L/H switchgear had been damaged and glued back onto the handlebars, and at that point I gave up on putting it back to standard and thought it was time to go for the street tracker, with a complete re-wire.

A.
By grayhorse
Be nice - he's Tasmanian, and his reviews are the reason I felt comfortable with finally taking the plunge. I admit the straps and the exhaust wrap were a bit much, but hey - de gustibus non est disputandum!
knapdog wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:29 am
It is my opinion that some Classic 500's are being spoiled by over the top modifications and accessories that are hardly necessary.
I have seen them with...
Brown grips
Exhaust wrap
Vibration plate,
New exhaust,
Leather straps,
Different handlebars,
Tachometer,
Clock,
Front fender Royal Enfield sign added,
Cranckcase breathers filter thingy sticking out of the casing like a bloody chimney,
Booster ecu thingy,
Bar end mirrors
Etc, etc, etc.......
I'll admit that I have made changes myself.
I have a Goldstar exhaust though could easily have lived with the original, rear rack and longer mirror stalks for safety reasons. That's it. There will be no more.
Visually the bike has hardly changed and that is how it should be, a very basic retro classic which is why I bought it in the first place.
By grayhorse
That Venom exhaust is sweet - I've heard a recording of a Bullet fitted with one on YouTube, and I love the sound.
black fingernail wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:41 pm
I don't see anything wrong in making your bike, car, whatever, your own, putting your stamp on it as it were.
If the bike is a ten a penny Chinese thing, do what you like, nothing is lost, but anything out of the ordinary or old, then you have a duty of care. customise it if you like, but make sure it is reversible, no cutting or drilling, and all standard parts removed should be saved. After all we are only custodians until the next owner takes over.
I suppose I am guilty of a bit of tweaking, but all parts swapped are saved and nothing is damaged.
IMG_20191124_121001.jpg
IMG_20200524_151634.jpg
She keeps changing as time goes on, (the Venom exhaust is at the platers as we speak).

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles