This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Rattlebattle
Buckinghamshire roads have deteriorated greatly in the last few years - still, never mind we have giant drills tunnelling through the Chilterns for HS2 that we'll all use daily. Oh no, I forgot, the trains won't stop here... Hertfordshire's roads have been worn out for years, whereas Oxfordshire, the best of the three road wise, has randomly placed 50mph limits on A roads with no bad accident rates to save money (conspiracy theory).
By Daiwiskers
stinkwheel wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:27 am
Wow, that escalated quickly, when did road tax go up to £93 for big bikes?! Pretty sure it was £65 last year.
A few years ago it was £90 think it was two or three years ago it went up I could be wrong I have had the Harley for a long time I can't remember paying less than £90 but I could be wrong

The ridiculous thing is I can tax my car the wife's car and a small bike for less than my Harley

Insurance oh don't ask my Mrs just had her renewal through £160 me as named driver my renewal was £240 my Mrs as named driver both the same insurance company both cars in same insurance group both fully comp

The bike's are not covered for theft within a mile of home after 10pm if not locked in a concrete garage oh and the free breakdown cover now costs £60,

Wonder if we're going to get a refund on tax or insurance as motorcycles are not recognised as a form of transportation in Wales it seems

Rant over Dai
By Daiwiskers
Too late to edit

Just tried to look up road tax over the year's in 2015 for a bike over 600 it went up to £81

Can't find other year's

So if you have a 612 conversion make sure you tell the dvla and the insurance company, if you don't notify both you won't be covered

I remember paying £4 a year fully comp when I was 16 year's old
This went up to £12 a year later for any bike up to 350, I think the Norwich union unlimited rider policy was £31

How thing's have changed even raid tax was spent on the roads, petrol didn't rot fuel systems and stayed good for year's

Glad I won't be around in 50 year's Dai
By Rattlebattle
...and if you get found out by the DVLA you’ll be fined and have to pay back tax at the difference between the proper rate and the rate per their records.
By Daiwiskers
Just realised I could tax three cars for the price of taxing the Harley and have enough change to buy a pint in my local
If it ever opens again!

Just make sure your log book details match your insurance details

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles