This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
Could be under technical, but it’s more of a thanks really.

I today received a new coil from our hosts. The previous owner had fitted a PVL coil, which is what I received, but they had still kept the bracket for the fatter coil. It was quite hard to get to the nuts holding the bracket in place, so I went to fit my new PVL using the inner tube he had used, but then remembered that recently I had read a thread about the fact that the rear mudguard pivots back by loosening four bolts. This I did, absolutely superb. Had to partially detach the rear rack.

I’d like to thank whoever posted this recently because it made the job so much easier and also taught me more about my Bullet.

Reminded me of my Airheads, where four M6 bolts is all you needed to remove to remove the back end too.

John
By windmill john
Yup, that’s what I did, a single multi-plug to the back lights.

Ive had my Bullet less than a year but slowly discovering nice features. I wish I’d kept my R65, with my Bullet as well of course :)
The Airheads are very straightforward to work on. I had a few and learned a lot on the BM Bikes forum.
As I rode them for years, I am pleased I was able to reciprocate and provide others with assistance.

This RE forum is great, with, I notice already, certain names who offer a wealth of information.
I hope I reach the point where, again, I can contribute in a helpful way.

John

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles