This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Daiwiskers
I have just had a phone call
And would you believe it riding a motorcycle is not considered exercise or essential travel and carries a £30 fine

Not sure if other parts of the country are the same as we are still in lock down

Take care out there Dai
By rustygman
I don't see that would stand up in law. If you choose to go to a local shop a motorcycle cannot be deemed unsuitable for that purpose. I would put a shopping bag in my pocket and go for a nice ride. It does go to show how motorcycles are considered as toys these days. Really annoys me as I would take a bike over a car on pretty much any journey I do.
By papasmurf
stinkwheel wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:56 pm
Anyone who does not consider riding a motorcycle as being exercise has clearly never ridden an Enfield Bullet offroad.
On road is a workout. (The BMW K75S and sidecar is a workout on rural windy roads.)
By Daiwiskers
Apparently the police were stopping every bike and a lot of cars
This was up by Brecon and he lives in Cardiff so approximately 50 miles from home
If this weather keeps up someone is going to make a killing
By Jerseyplym
Unfortunately being on a bike puts a target on your back at the moment in Wales!
It's amazing how all these policemen have come out of the woodwork - they have never bothered before, plenty of illegal vehicles out there.

Of course patrolling scenic roads to stop people going for a jolly doing no harm is much easier than stopping the pit bikes from tearing around town and up the mountains!
By Adrian
Someone from Chepstow posted a similar warning in one of the facebook RE groups, he now makes sure he has some shopping in his bike luggage for when he gets stopped. Hope he remembers to change it occasionally, or PC Jones will start recognizing the same tin of baked beans next to the same pack of coffee. I can probably delay my next crossing of the Severn until this madness stops.

A.
By stinkwheel
Thermocouple for a central heating boiler and a shifting spanner in your bag that you are delivering to someone with broken central heating.
By Rushour
That's a disgrace - a motorcycle is a form of transport and you have every right to ride it for a legitimate purpose - I have been riding my bike to work every day since the lockdown, I have a letter of transit from my boss but I have not been stopped once.
By trophyvase
How riding a motorcycle can spread the virus escapes me!

But this is only one more example of the utterly irrational, inconsistent, ineffective implications of a universal lockdown – universal that is unless you happen to be an adviser to the PM. In which case any amount of travel for any reason for which you can give a plausible (even if transparently spurious!) excuse is ‘legal and ethical’ – especially if you’re on the road to test your eyesight!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles