This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Wheaters
I got the springs off by making a "link" wire from a piece of galvanised fencing wire. I looped one end around the bent up end of the spring (and then around itself to lock it tight) and the other end around the shank of a long screwdriver. I put a rod in the hollow tubular "foot" of the stand and used that as a fulcrum to lever the screwdriver to pull the wire link. That pulled the spring just enough until I could get it over and off the lug on the stand.

That's what I'll be trying later to refit the springs..... suitable eye protection will be worn! :geek:

I have to be a bit cautious as the staples in my lower portions have recently been removed - don't want to strain anything! :shock:
By Wheaters
Centre stand and springs now refitted! I used the method I mentioned above, but I cheated a bit by grinding a couple of mm off the hook ends that go onto the stand legs. The springs went on easier than they came off.

The satin black stand looks far nicer than the flakey, rusty version it previously was. :D
By tribonnie
Always been a bit nervous about electrics so have spent some weeks reading and hopefully learning

So, needed a new loom for my 59 trials bike

Here it is, done a continuity check, all ok just need a test ride
Attachments
image.jpg
Today, I thought I would polish up the primary drive cover.
I dropped the oil out before removal and was a bit concerned to find gungy, milky, water contaminated oil in the pan.
I cleaned it all out, then discovered the tiny breather hole in the filler cap, this is the only place the water could have come from. After inspecting chain, clutch etc. and polishing and re-fitting the cover, filling with a fresh dollop of ATF. I decided that the filler cap needed to be tightened up with the slot ending up straight up and down to hopefully prevent water pooling in the slot when I wash her, I think I will stick a bit of insulating tape over it when I wash her.
Then I had to drink some cider and eat a ham and cheese toasty.
By Wheaters
Took off the frame and electrics cover plate I'd made from a sheet of aluminium when I removed the right hand toolbox to fit the high level exhaust system; the paint needed tidying up. Resprayed it in satin black as before, but this time I gave it a cover coat of petrol proof lacquer to prevent it marking up again. I also fitted the OE "Bullet Electra" decals that arrived from Mr. H this morning, one to the left side toolbox lid and one to the repainted cover.

I also received a new set of cush rubbers and the new 42 tooth rear sprocket, which will bring the bike back to "tarmac"gearing. I might fit those tomorrow; fingers crossed the chain won't need shortening so I can use it again if I refit the 46 tooth one at a later date.

What was meant only a few days ago to be a minor tidy up of a few things seems to be developing into something rather more! But tbh, I'm enjoying every minute of it. :D
By Exile
Been busy, yes, but not done much to the bike. Did all my checks after hibernation and actually went out for a quick blast round the island that I call home. We're on a lock down but can get out if we so wish. Most choose not to here in Denmark and that seems to be working quite well. I don't think I'll be in any danger at 50 mph on an open road with very low traffic.

The garden's coming along nicely...!

Stay safe everybody...
By stinkwheel
Wheaters wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:32 am
The bike just needs riding now...
Do you manage ok without a heat shield on that exhaust?

I have a bit of strategically applied exhaust bandage on mine to stop it burning my leg/melting my waterproofs. Mostly when I stop and put my foot down but it's also very close to my calf if I'm up on the pegs.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles