This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Andy C
I am one of those who can still work from home, so work days are pretty "normal".

Thanks to the lockdown, and the lighter nights I have been mainly:

Doing SWMBO jobs - mainly DIY stuff
Gardening - our garden is quite large and takes a fair bit of effort, but I enjoy it
Working on my Kawasaki Project - managing to put a lot of hours in on it :mrgreen:

Avoiding people !!!!!!
Well, not my Bullet, but rebuilding a leaking master cylinder on my Honda CB500T.

Blooming clamp nut sheared on removal! Obviously never been off or lubed, dry rust.

Anyhoo, nice corrosion in there.

D61F282E-5CBF-411F-AAAC-270690705E67.jpeg
By Wheaters
I decided to repaint the left side toolbox on my Bullet. The bike no longer has the right side one because of the high level exhaust. It’s always had rust patches but the outer panel got crushed when I fell off the bike last autumn, on a rocky track.

I removed it, stripped out the brackets holding the fuse holder and brake light switch. I hammered out the dents then flatted everything down with wet and dry. A couple of coats of red oxide primer were followed by a colour coat of Riviera red. I finished the job with some petrol proof clear lacquer. It’s not perfect but it looks much better and should last me out!

I need to order a “Bullet Electra” decal to finish the job.

Today I intend to clean up the rusty patch on the frame that was sitting behind it, then I’ll refit it.
Replaced rocker cover gaskets on both bikes. The engines look odd now, not being covered in oil. We'll see how long that will last...
Also tiled the downstairs toilet. It looks much better. Unfortunately, leading to requests to make it even better, by removing my spare tins of paint. Sigh.
As my bikes live outside and I do not like bikes to be stood, I’m still using mine each week to get a bit of shopping.

And please do not say I am putting extra strain on the NHS. I’m not saying I cannot get knocked off, but I have enough experience to cope with the normal loonies on the road; and of course there’s really fewer of them at the minute.

John
By Rushour
Good for you John - I see no problem with using a motorbike if the journey is essential - as soon as the mornings warm up I will taking my Himalayan to and from work. Nothing in Government guidelines that says we cannot .

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles