This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
Hi, new member here in Grimoldby, Lincolnshire Anyone close?
So I bought the Woodsman just before the lockdown, and was waiting for a new quieter exhaust muffler. I still have not ridden this great looking bike, but am ready for the day it happens.
I just wondered, does anyone know how many Bullet Woodsman 500 were created by Watsonian in 2010?
Also, any recommendations for trail tyres would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Chips
I fitted a mute to the exhaust on my trials bike. Left the "silencer" as it was and fitted the mute in the pipe leading into it.

It took the crack right out of it so I don't upset ramblers any more than necessary and improved idling/low throttle opening performance.
Thanks, Stinkwheel, I got the new silencer fitted which made a big difference. I also got an extra muffler which fits inside the silencer, but I will ride it first to see what it’s like..
Very frustrating having the bike stuck in the garage, and the sun shining!

Chips
Not certain the wheel sizes on your machine but I'd consider something like ensign universal roads then. They are pretty decent all round tyres for the power characteristics of your bike and will be fine on anything you could tacity call a made road. They are more road orientated but in my experience, offroad biased tyres usually present more of a disadvantage on the road than the road tyres present off it if broken down to the percentage of your riding. They look very similar to the trials tyres but with a less agressive pattern so wouldn't seem out of place on your style of bike

Bullets are pretty well mannered on the rough-stuff even on "proper" road tyres though, unless you start going on really muddy/slimy surfaces. I've done many miles of forestry tracks/fire breaks on a 350 bullet with the classic safety mileage/speedmaster combo without any real issues.

I used to use bridgestone trailwings on my old KLE500. They combined a knobbly look with decent road performance. I also had MT60RS tyres on one of my old supermotos, they were bonkers corsa compound knobblies, hardly lasted any time at all on a liquid-cooled 660cc single, it used to shred lumps of rubber up onto the numberplate but gripped like hell on everything. Not sure how those would go sizing-wise on an enfield though.
Advice appreciated. The wheels are both 19”, currently with Avon road riders, which are almost new. It has Hitchcock alloy guards fitted.
I had a 660 MZ Mastiff with big smooth road tyres. It didn’t like northgoing downhill slopes at all! Fab bike otherwise though.

Chips
The road riders are probably the best road tyres you could fit to it. Probably not ideal for a green lane though, but would probably be ok on a compacted dirt track (I rode a UCE bullet on lots of dirt tracks in Portugal and it was on similar tyres).

Again, enfields seem a lot less fussy about what rubber is fitted than any of my Japanese bikes. Or maybe it's just me getting better at riding them.

You could do worse than the ensigns but I probably wouldn't bin a good set of roadriders unless offroad riding was a real priority for me.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles