This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By John-M
John-M wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:10 pm
I see that yours is a 500, so it should go quite well.
I understand what you mean about adding extra struts around the rear of the engine, but the post '56 Reditch Bullets have no extra strength in this area and seem to manage.
I have been using mine off road for over 10 years and the only thing that has broken is me.
By John-M
Further to my garage tidy out Crusader/ Continental frame ponderings, would a Suzuki engine be sacrilege?
The engine would have to be a little further back, but I'm tempted to give it a go.

IMG_20200329_191931215aaa.jpg

IMG_20200329_194138278aaa.jpg
By Adrian
Don't see why you couldn't fit one, though I think you'd want to keep the frame unaltered so that it could be used for a Crusader/CGT again at some stage. Fun and games to get it registered, though, if that would be the plan - unless you've got a V5C for that frame.

A.
By mart
this is my latest project- Im calling it 'the Redditch' made from old scaffold boards and only cost me 15 quid.
Attachments
DSCN0928.JPG
DSCN0929.JPG
By stinkwheel
If I'm still shut in at home next weekend, I plan to have a crack at knife making (I have a wee forge anyway I have used for bronze casting before). I've never tried forging steel but I've been watching loads of videos and it seems if you can get it something approaching the right shape, you can do most of the rest with a grinder/files.

Been meaning to make a skein-dubh for ages now. I've got a lump of very well seasoned cherry from a tree at my wifes old house for a handle.

I want to make the blade from a bit of scrap enfield but it's finding a big enough bit of decent, hardenable steel in my scrap pile.

I was thinking about using an old rocker block but I suspect it may just be iron. The drive shaft on my knackered crank ought to be high carbon steel but a PITA to remove. A cam spindle is probably ok too but not really big enough, likewise old bearing seats and gudgeon pins. Current leader is an old oil pump worm drive. Be open to suggestions though.
By Daiwiskers
Think I would be looking in the gearbox
Micarta makes a very serviceable handle

One I did earlier

Condor blank orange and black micarta handle black liners 13mm spanner for size
IMG_20200413_190925.jpg
IMG_20200413_190902.jpg
By Daiwiskers
Inox stainless kneck blank

Green and black micarta handle no liners brass pin and lanyard tube

Orange and black handled knife has stainless and brass Corby rivets
IMG_20200413_193933.jpg