This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By John-M
mart wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:02 pm
I did a similar thing but made up a fabricated bracket and tied it into the gearbox mounts for extra rigidity.
I like that design, particularly where it is tied into the back of the gearbox.
By enfield_trials
Nice project gerogek

Thanks mart and john_m for yr ideas
Neat work done mart
I have crusader frame I might try to put all bits engine and forks and fit in crusader frame I think I have to use bullet swingarm as well

You can have very competitive bike and loads of bullet parts in market
By John-M
enfield_trials wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:37 pm
I have crusader frame I might try to put all bits engine and forks and fit in crusader frame I think I have to use bullet swingarm as well
The Bullet forks fit a Crusader frame as will a Bullet swinging arm, however the shock mounts will be in the wrong position.
The later Continental GT type swinging arm is a better bet.
By John-M
The later Crusader GT and possibly some Crusaders used a silentblock swinging arm like Indian Bullets rather than the big heavy cast thing with phosphor bronze bushes.
250 frame.gif
By John-M
That dangerous point during a garage tidy out when you start cobbling parts together and pondering.

BSA C15 engine in a Crusader GT frame.......................... not sure, let's see what else we can find.
IMG_20200329_153951199_HDRxx.jpg
By enfield_trials
Thats look great project i like cruasder frame they are very light weight . I was tryi!g to build c15 trials from road bike man the frame was very heavy

Good luck finding rest of bits
By mart
the Continental GT swingarm is the way to go. much smaller/straight axle plates which means you can fit a bigger rear sprocket and I think the swingarms are wider at the pivot so a 4.00 x 18 trials tyre will fit better. will go straight into a Crusader frame with no mods. John- M way ahead of me here! the Crusader frame is about 30% lighter than the Bullet but main downside is lack of rigidity around the swingarm pivot. could do with a couple of struts added I think. thanks for the comments.
Attachments
a.jpg
By John-M
I see that yours is a 500, so it should go quite well.
I understand what you mean about adding extra struts around the rear of the engine, but the post '56 Reditch have no extra strength in this area and seem to manage.
I have been using mine off road for over 10 years and the only thing that has broken is me.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles