This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By stinkwheel
enfield_trials wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:53 pm
seems like no else interested to show the bikes

by the way your bike seems like work horse. how many miles you put on clock ?
and how many engine rebuild i know you did one ... just curious ..

Regards
ET
It's on its 5th or 6th piston. Second crank. Second head which has had two valves replaced.

I looked back through my emails and I've bought at least 7 safety mileage rear tyres for it and worn them and most of an ensign universal out so definately in excess of 80k miles. It's on its third speedo so it's all a bit uncertain. They get to about 25k then the needle falls off.

It runs better now than the day I got it with 300 miles on. Only on its second set of points though.
By stinkwheel
stinkwheel wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 pm
enfield_trials wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:53 pm
seems like no else interested to show the bikes

by the way your bike seems like work horse. how many miles you put on clock ?
and how many engine rebuild i know you did one ... just curious ..

Regards
ET
It's on its 5th or 6th piston. Second crank. Second head which has had two valves replaced. Second barrel.

I looked back through my emails and I've bought at least 7 safety mileage rear tyres for it and worn them and most of an ensign universal out so definately in excess of 80k miles. It's on its third speedo so it's all a bit uncertain. They get to about 25k then the needle falls off.

It runs better now than the day I got it with 300 miles on. Only on its second set of points though.
By Wheaters
This one obviously isn’t a Royal Enfield and not a project either but it’s actually twice as old as my Bullet (29 years old, I’ve owned it for most of them, since it had less than 1,000 miles on the clock). It has needed no new parts apart from consumables and a replacement front brake light switch, which I had done under warranty.

I recently rode it for the first time since last summer. It’s so smooth....and no slouch, about 120.
Attachments
3C442D6C-4A59-4404-B143-686FB4A01C32.jpeg
By PO51UHD
This is my latest project. Crusader frame with 535 Lightning engine. Bulsader? Crullet? Light-sader?...
Still a WIP!
Attachments
FF0F004B-634E-4F84-BB78-F05F7324CE4F.jpeg
By mauri
PO51UHD wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:19 pm
This is my latest project. Crusader frame with 535 Lightning engine. Bulsader? Crullet? Light-sader?...
Still a WIP!
always great to see an Australian bullet :arrow:
By Oatmeal
My 2002 Ducati ST4S
Was complete and running when I got it about 6 mos ago.
Stripped the bodywork and hard bags to do major service (valve adj, cam belts....) because wasn't sure about previous owners care and don't really care for yellow (thinking about British racing green and new decals).
Hoping to get it done by summer, want to do a long ride....my buddies ride FJR1300s and I need to keep up (beat them :D )
Love it, it's a sportbike with luggage or a really fast touring bike!
The Mrs thinks I'm crazy :roll:
Hans
Attachments
0325201338.jpg
0325201338a.jpg

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles