This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Oatmeal
Here in the USA our Interceptors look slightly different.....can't even call them Interceptors because Honda has it trademarked here so, they're badged as INT 650s.
Anyway, they have clear glass headlamps, really cheesy, cheap looking rubber stalked round turn signal lamps and plastic "lollipop" miirors.
These all make the bike (in my opinion) look really cheap.
So, I made a few alterations.
I swapped the headlight for a fluted glass version like the European and Indian models, mounted some early style Lucas turn signals and had some adapters machined so that I could bolt on some Napoleon (look just like the Halcyons) bar end mirrors.....didn"t care for the Royal Enfield ones and some Hitchcock's adjustable levers.
Everywhere I go, everybody asks "did you just restore that?"
So, I think I was successful in completing the "vintage transformation"
If I can figure out how to post some photos, tell me what you all think.
Hans
By Wheaters
Photos posted online can sometimes take up a mind of their own, depending on which way up you held the camera; i.e. whether held "portrait" or "landscape". You might have to edit and save them in the "other" orientation before uploading them to the forum.
By Oatmeal
Wheaters wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:19 am
Photos posted online can sometimes take up a mind of their own, depending on which way up you held the camera; i.e. whether held "portrait" or "landscape". You might have to edit and save them in the "other" orientation before uploading them to the forum.
I thought about that too.
Strange thing is, if you click on the photo to enlarge it, it comes out right side up :?:
Hans
By Chris [Stockport]
It's looking good!

I've got two Indian Bullets, one with a sidecar and the other not. Like you, getting lots of questions about their age and comments how nicely I've restored them and so on. I want an Interceptor (Int) too. And, and, and....

Is that a California number plate? I've driven quite a lot over there (Berkeley, SF, Oakland and so on). Liked it. Except (i) 4-way stops and (ii) being allowed through red traffic lights to turn right. I always had a vision of the sheriff's car behind me, even when locals were - rightly - urging me on. Is it still the same?

Enjoy it!
Chris
By Oatmeal
Chris [Stockport] wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm
It's looking good!

I've got two Indian Bullets, one with a sidecar and the other not. Like you, getting lots of questions about their age and comments how nicely I've restored them and so on. I want an Interceptor (Int) too. And, and, and....

Is that a California number plate? I've driven quite a lot over there (Berkeley, SF, Oakland and so on). Liked it. Except (i) 4-way stops and (ii) being allowed through red traffic lights to turn right. I always had a vision of the sheriff's car behind me, even when locals were - rightly - urging me on. Is it still the same?

Enjoy it!
Chris
Yes but,
I'm in southern California....West Covina (a suburb of Los Angeles).
San Francisco on the other hand, is like a whole different planet!
Yes you can turn right on a red light but, some small cities don't allow it.
I really like the way my bike is shaping up, reminds me of the Norton my brother used to have (bought new in 1972!) and reminds me of him...tragiclly lost him last year.
I've got a couple of other bikes too.
An '82 Yamaha XJ650RJ (mothballed waiting to be resurrected....bought new) and a recently purchased 2002 Ducati ST4S that I'm working on.
I also have a slew of 4X4s
The Mrs just doesn't understand me :roll:
Maybe I DO have a problem :shock:
Hans

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles