This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Daiwiskers
Just a quick heads up
My Mrs has just been shopping (oh what fun no tobacco no loo rolls no chicken no sausages no pasta etc)

Anyway she then went to fill her car up and the auto cut off didn't work

She went to the kiosk to tell them the girl in the kiosk told her "oh don't worry it happens all the time)
Apparently the cut off's don't work on the pumps

Whether this is just in Caerphilly or not I don't know but be careful filling up

It couldn't be on purpose could it? To get an extra £ or two out of people that fill their cars could it?

Take care out there Dai
By trophyvase
Now that's a subject we could talk about at length. Or maybe not! How we buy petrol. Do we buy it by quantity or by price? I've never relied on the auto-stop on pumps. And I never fill a tank to the neck. I normally buy a definite amount decided by value - and usually no more than £30 so I don't need to enter pin numbers but contactless swipe the card. At's odd but I never buy by quanity.

Oh well let's see how many take up the cause and tell us how they buy fuel.

What will we do when it's charging our electric vehicle - and we have time to spare? :lol:
By Adrian
We'll have time to go hunting grey squirrels as they'll be the only meat left, assuming they're not carrying some other deadly virus, of course!

A.
By trophyvase
Buying fuel will soon be buying ethanol.
Splendid for low emissions!
Dreadful for wasting good land that could be used for growing food.

Ah well - the experts know best!
By Daiwiskers
Bullet Whisperer wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:33 pm
What we need are steam engines which burn old tyres for fuel.
Think you're on to something there
If we could just get them to burn politician's as well!
By Andy C
By auto cut off I take it that you mean the cut off where you specify how many £s worth you want - thiink I would be pretty cheesed off if it failed.

If it does it again just tell the person on the till that you specified a fixed amount because that is all the money you have on you !!

Given the current state of affairs I try and stop the meter on a whole pound or just a few pence short and tell the person on the till to stick the change in the colection tin - that way you do not have to handle potentially infected money.
By Daiwiskers
Hi Andy

No the auto cut off when the tank is full

Check your pay at pump receipts as well they have been known for adding a few pence here and there
By stinkwheel
I always brim it. Force of habit from touring Scotland. I've coasted into a station on fumes more than once.

Used to fill to round litres when i was on a pre-mix 2t because i used to put the oil in first so it mixed properly.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles